Fly Fusion Forums

Senior Licensing? (both Threads Closed And Merged)

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First of all I think profanity is probably not allowed on these boards. Secondly, if you guys are only interested in your own opinions then maybe you should start up your own board titled, "I don't really have anything useful or meaningful to say but I like it when people agree with everything I say so don't be posting anything that contradicts me." You could pretend you are talking about general fishing related stuff like "vote for me so I can win a free fishing trip even though you might want to vote for yourself and win a free trip yourself" and "Let's pick on seniors because they don't have to pay for a fishing license." Or you could start up an all fluff board for red necks only and confine this stuff to there and that way you can stop pretending that you are talking about fishing related stuff. Personally I prefer to talk about fishing related stuff on a fishing related board.

Ding Ding Ding.... we have a winner!

You have figured this place out in only 15 posts.

Oh yeah. I forgot to mention the Alzheimer thing. Half these guys don't remember if they even tied the hook on the the line.

bvader you are the one who started with an Alzheimers joke as I know it was just a joke so I won't take it personally as a person who has witnessed what it does to a family member. If you are going to joke expect to get a few in return. There are way too many people who take this board and themselves way too serius. It's a great board that touches on all subjects from fishing related stuff to way off in left field crap but that is why I like it here. Take it for what it is and read what you want to read and comment on what you want to comment on but remember it's just a fishing board!!!!!!!!!

Hey Gary, if you had known you were going to live this ling you shoulda taken better care of yourself. :P (I know damn well I shoulda been more careful.)

Get yourself a hybrid car to get priority fishing parking and then buy one of these with the money you will save by not having to buy a license in 4 year's time. Maybe they come with cleats for better grip on river beds...someone probably makes a graphite one for FFers. ;)

Standard-Folding-Walker.jpg

Hey Gary, if you had known you were going to live this ling you shoulda taken better care of yourself. :P (I know damn well I shoulda been more careful.)

Get yourself a hybrid car to get priority fishing parking and then buy one of these with the money you will save by not having to buy a license in 4 year's time. Maybe they come with cleats for better grip on river beds...someone probably makes a graphite one for FFers. ;)

Standard-Folding-Walker.jpg

Thanks Clive....Toooooo funny!!!! :laugh: :laugh:

First of all I think profanity is probably not allowed on these boards. Secondly, if you guys are only interested in your own opinions then maybe you should start up your own board titled, "I don't really have anything useful or meaningful to say but I like it when people agree with everything I say so don't be posting anything that contradicts me." You could pretend you are talking about general fishing related stuff like "vote for me so I can win a free fishing trip even though you might want to vote for yourself and win a free trip yourself" and "Let's pick on seniors because they don't have to pay for a fishing license." Or you could start up an all fluff board for red necks only and confine this stuff to there and that way you can stop pretending that you are talking about fishing related stuff. Personally I prefer to talk about fishing related stuff on a fishing related board.

...sounds like the way I also consider this board..there is always a few who persist in sarcasm to show how witty they think of themselves, yet in the eyes of the mass all they have done was create an image of childishness, stupidity, and ignorance to all who sees them. Yes , I also thought that the thread about "vote for me" was a little out of line, why vote for anyone who just happen to spend a big buck on a "trip of a lifetime" by going to fish way down south, Patagonia [the land of the giants] where most ppl only dream of going but can never forfill..now wanting to go to "Yankee Land" free..what a joke.

..I do feel sorry for those Mods who because they believe in what they are doing is correct, have to stay on that very thin edge between being a regular Joe or falling over to the dark side and wind up loosing respect from all others...it is to bad that for a sake of a few , the possibility of a good informative fishing site should go to waste..............Wolfie

...sounds like the way I also consider this board..there is always a few who persist in sarcasm to show how witty they think of themselves, yet in the eyes of the mass all they have done was create an image of childishness, stupidity, and ignorance to all who sees them. Yes , I also thought that the thread about "vote for me" was a little out of line, why vote for anyone who just happen to spend a big buck on a "trip of a lifetime" by going to fish way down south, Patagonia [the land of the giants] where most ppl only dream of going but can never forfill..now wanting to go to "Yankee Land" free..what a joke.

..I do feel sorry for those Mods who because they believe in what they are doing is correct, have to stay on that very thin edge between being a regular Joe or falling over to the dark side and wind up loosing respect from all others...it is to bad that for a sake of a few , the possibility of a good informative fishing site should go to waste..............Wolfie

You guys have come on here with preconceived delusions of what this board should be. Your criticism is the result of your comparison between what you perceive this board should look like and what you actually see. The fact is not everything in life is going to be the way you want it and besides, who are you to decide what the dynamics of this board should be like? Do you own or moderate it? Your approach is awfully arrogant.

Bvader – you mention you “prefer to talk about fishing related stuff on a fishing related board” but most of your posts have been joking around so far. When are you going to start talking fishing? Furthermore, you have been on this board for three days and already been proven wrong several times. I would be a little more careful in your approach as not everyone is as dense as you may like to think they are. I commend your attempt at trying to impose your will on the members of this board but believe me, it isn’t going to happen.

Wolfie – never forget this is the internet where you can be anyone you like.

Bvader – you mention you “prefer to talk about fishing related stuff on a fishing related board” but most of your posts have been joking around so far.

Who says I'm joking?

Wolfie – never forget this is the internet where you can be anyone you like.

And who are you trying to be?

bvader you are the one who started with an Alzheimers joke as I know it was just a joke so I won't take it personally as a person who has witnessed what it does to a family member. If you are going to joke expect to get a few in return.

Heck - most of my family members died of old age and I'm not taking it personally that people are joking about old age in this thread. :ridemcowboy:

The only complaint I have with the Alberta licensing system is that the money goes in to general revenues and False.

Well I was going to take the high road and not bother responding to this drivel because I thought most of the conscientious people on this board would have read and known what is in their own fishing regulations but now I'm being accused of "being wrong a number of times" by someone whom I thought relied on official documentation rather than what some anonymous poster had to say - so to quote the Alberta Fishing Regulations:

A portion of the cost of each licence is distributed to:

Alberta Conservation Association to help finance the Fisheries Habitat Development Program, the

Fisheries Management Enhancement Program and the Enhanced Fish Stocking Program;

General Revenue; and

IBM to finance the administration of the automated licensing system.

How much you want to bet that ACA does not get the lion's share of the proceeds?

:masterbaiter:

...sounds like the way I also consider this board..there is always a few who persist in sarcasm to show how witty they think of themselves, yet in the eyes of the mass all they have done was create an image of childishness, stupidity, and ignorance to all who sees them.

Wolf man- I think out of anyone here you should know that interweb chat boards have to be taken with a grain of salt, ya know what I mean M8?

Yup she took a left turn, there's a chirpy noob parked dead in the middle of thread.

Interesting that my defending the idea of free licensing for seniors continues to draw profanity and name calling from you in spite of the fact that I haven't responded in kind. I'm not sure why you hate seniors. I can only surmise that your grandfather refused to take you fishing when you were a kid. Given your attitude towards a new comer to this site I can see why.

DF

Now add the 1.75million that would come from a $5.00CND stamp fee to that and have that money go directly to protecting the resource in physical ways, not to pay somebodies wages (unless it is a Stream Watch Officer) or to run a building or a department with PP&S etc.. but be able to see that money as a recovered stream bed, reclaimed Random camping site, cleaned up section of the river.. and yes even more money to secure habitat, work to keep cows from doing what cow will do in a stream or any water source.. etc.... what ever local clubs and groups (TU) can come up with..

Just an thought....

And a darn good one.

As long as the money actually goes towards the good things you mention I'm all in favour of increased costs for licensing. Perhaps I'm jaded but I find it hard to believe that that will happen.

It appears that when it comes to the current political scene in Alberta there are a large number of folks who couldn't find their asses with both hands.

This is a government that's in deep trouble in the polls and is currently going through a leadership crisis that clearly hasn't gone away despite Saturday's 77% approval at the Red Deer convention.

There are all kinds of people mad at the PCs for a variety of reasons that are far more fundamental than angling licenses.

The last thing Stelmach and Co. need is another demographic (bleeped)-off at them. Especially one that has traditionally supported them - ie. old guys.

A senior's angling license has two chances of making it through cabinet and caucus anytime in the near future. Even if the fish-o-crats were foolish enough to take it that far.

And Slim just left town.

It ain't happenin'. So get over it.