Fly Fusion Forums

New "green" Angling Regs For April 1

Very cool!! I'll be 1st in line to take a big dump, since I'm so full of $hit! LoL!! ;)

P

Peter,

It is for real. They are also installing environmentally friendly outhouses on all the islands along the Bow River.

I'm appalled by the fact that the 2009 Green Car of the Year - the Volkswagen Jetta Clean Diesel - wouldn't qualify for one of these parking spaces!

Hey Birchy. Too funny.

We were in Edmonton last week and this Diesel Jetta (below) was parked outside of dad's condo for three days. Yeah yeah, I know it is not a 2009, but still. It was plugged in for three straight days. The coldest it got was about minus 4°C or some such. It was plugged in during the daytime when it was well above freezing.

volkwagonjetta-0.jpg

I've heard that plugging them in when it's not cold enough can actually do harm.. is that true?

Doesn't seem to make much sense to me seeing as the regular engine running temperature would be a heck of a lot hotter than a block heater would be..

I think Dryfly is just jealous that there are new priority parking spots out there for the "special" hybrid cars owners out there and he cant use them.....

Anyone ever seen that Southpark episode where everyone buys hybrid cars and the world gets destroyeed by "smug"? Its a good episode and rediculiously true, if you havent seen it you should.

Guest 420FLYFISHIN

birchy - its not good to leave a heating element on for 3 days, its sorta like trying to heat your kitchen with your stove top lol

bends over and take a huge huff of my own farts.....damn that smells good!