Fly Fusion Forums

Lower K

thefisherking

Made it out to lower today. Perfect conditions, light breeze and sunny. Started trolling around zonkers and streamers on a full sink line. Managed 1 bullie 18 inches in an hour and a half. Decided it was time to fish for rainbows. Threw on a bloodworm and trailed a black and silver sno-cone. Got a good hit 15 minutes later, short run, big head shake and spit the hook. I hate when that happens. 25 minutes later wham, another solid fish. A real solid hook set this time and the fight was on. A short while later I manged to reel in a nice fat 19 inch rainbow. Paddled back out, threw out the line. A couple of minutes later, the indicator takes off. I set the hook, and this fish just takes off. The first run took me in to the backing. After 10 minutes of fighting and many missed attempts at getting him into the net, I finally manged to get him to the boat. I took a quick pic revived him and let him go. I was so excited that I forgot to tape him oh well heres the pic. The rest of the day was pretty quite. I had one more fish on but I broke him off due to my flyline getting cought on the pontoon boat. I also hate when that happens.

http://img507.imageshack.us/my.php?image=bigfish018yy0.jpg

http://img102.imageshack.us/my.php?image=bigfish020cy7.jpg

Nice fish. Those Bows in there are some kinds big. I've seen them up to 30" there. Those pics are good, funny though every time I fish there I make the water so muddy that I can't even see my feet in a foot of water for the 'in-water' pics! Gotta love that lake. I think that it will be getting more and more challenging to get fish in there as the summer progresses.

Hey thanks guys. I usually go up there and toss streamers myself, but I read someones post saying they had some luck with chronys so I gave it a go. I'm sure glad I did. Hey grannyknot, do you have a pontoon boat? I have to agree with glenbow. As summer progresses, they'll be harder to catch. I think most of them go deep.

fished upper k for a bit on sunday for about an hour . checked out lower from above (couple a guys in tubes). CO was busting a couple a guys for sumthing not sure for what!? Saw same guys at another place! Ran into a CO and let her know.

Good stuff Scott. Catch anything?

Sure did ! My first dace on the fly!! A wopping 2" I let the wind do the fighting for me. I was watching some suckers below me from my tube when it took my fly, those :unsure: suckers have to be at least 14".I took it off as soon as i could so i would not get nailed for using bait!

Good stuff Scott. Catch anything?

Sure did ! My first dace on the fly!! A wopping 2" I let the wind do the fighting for me. I was watching some suckers below me from my tube when it took my fly, those suckers have to be at least 14".I took it off as soon as i could so i would not get nailed for using bait!