Fly Fusion Forums

Streamside Waders Warranty

i bought some streamside waders and was told they had a one year warranty. i ass-u-me-d that this was against manufacturers defects. 5 uses later the seam started leaking. i contacted the company and they said to use the enclosed patch kit. this didnt please me. i thought that a leaky seam would be a manufacturers defect. maybe i am wrong. i am just seeing if anybody else had similar problems with this product? maybe i should just suck it up and fix my new 200 dollar purchase. just doesnt seem right though....

yours truly

wet from one knee down

take em back too were u bought em... if u do excessive wlking like me sometimes i dont really blame waders for wearing.. but 5 trips seems too be pretty recent.. i just broke ina new pair of waders in 12 trips and 18 trips later have half dozen seam problems! but thats why im product testing em!!!! i havnt fished your waders before but any pair of waders should be good for atleast 5 trips!!!!!

Leechman,

Diffently sounds like something wrong with the seams, I would guess just like you and say manufacture defect.

Did you call the maufacture, or the maufacture warrenty dept.?

I know it sounds redicioulus but I can see the person you talked to if he was a pencil pusher not wanting to deal with it and say something like what was told to you, know what I mean?

Anyways take em back to wear you purchased them.

A leaky seam after 5 trips is either a sign of a manufacturer defect or an overstuffed pair of waders. Either way I would expect the leak to keep getting worse and aquaseal is a temporary fix for a stretched seam. I say take em back to the place you bought em and have them send them in. The only problem is that it could be a while before you get a new or repaired pair.

Thanks uberfly and maxwell. I've tried the uv stuff and it worked good for about half a day than the dam broke and two wet feet for the second half of the day. I think I saw aquaseal at troutfitters the other day, i'll give it a shot

Thanks uberfly and maxwell. I've tried the uv stuff and it worked good for about half a day than the dam broke and two wet feet for the second half of the day. I think I saw aquaseal at troutfitters the other day, i'll give it a shot

If you are going to repair the waders yourself then use the aquaseal and the patch material. Seams come apart because they are being stretched for some reason. You need to add the patch to reinforce the seam.

looks like hell works like a charm

Haha sounds like what i need.

I'll have a look at some patches too bvader. I think the leaks are my fault because i'd store them hanging with the gravel guards pulled all the way up and those are the only seams that leak.

Sorry for the high jack leachman, maybe if for some reason you can't get that warranty these guy's tips will help ya.

Highjack over

Haha sounds like what i need.

I'll have a look at some patches too bvader. I think the leaks are my fault because i'd store them hanging with the gravel guards pulled all the way up and those are the only seams that leak.

Sorry for the high jack leachman, maybe if for some reason you can't get that warranty these guy's tips will help ya.

Highjack over

Not quite over yet. You can get Shoe Goo at any shoe repair shop. Works great, much cheaper than aquaseal, and much easier to find.

Right on

thanks for all the input

think i will try to send em in for warranty

just another busted toy

rods, bikes , boards, golfclubs , sleds , trucks, broke em all

"sure do like him but he's hard on equipment"

My second pair of waders were Streamsides. The first few days they were great, and I thought they were excellent bang for the buck. However, after maybe 5 days of fishing, they started leaking. This started a 2 year debacle of literally pouring Aquaseal into the seams of the neoprene boot. This would work for a day or 2, but then the leaks would come back. It's definitely not a lot of fun when you're fishing in the fall with a leg full of water. I then tried a giant tube of Goop, both inside and outside of the seams, and still there was a leak. I thought what the heck?!? Frustrated, I bought a pair of Simms Guides for a decent price and have used and abused them for the last 2.5 years with no issues.

Leaky waders suck. Good ones are worth their weight in gold. I hope you don't go through the frustration I went through.