Fly Fusion Forums

One Of Life's Circles

Taco

dsc00013ia8.jpg

dsc00017pg8.jpg

dsc00057wc8.jpg

dsc00050dc4.jpg

Why is that coulee in the hills, that stream, that old cabin and that fish one of lifes circles?

Over 40 yrs ago, every chance I got I went fishing on a certain creek in the Porcupine Hills that looked very similar to the pictures. It's where I learned to love small stream trout fishin'. One of my favourite stretches ran through the Noble place. The ranch house was a old log cabin. Albert would never refuse permission and always took the time to visit a little, loved to talk horses. Sylvia always made sure you weren't hungry, growing 16 yr old farmboys need to eat ya know..

The connection.. the circle? Those memories and coulees in the hills are over 40 yrs and 350 km apart but the Nobles lived in both those places and that little fish was caught just below that old cabin in the picture just this Saturday.

Thank You Albert and Sylvia

Sorry guys, maybe I shoulda added those pictures were taken on the Saskatchewan side of the Cypress Hills this weekend. I needed a small water fix. The Noble's lived in the pictured cabin on Battle Ck from 1942-52. When I first met them it was on their place on Beaver Ck here in SW Alberta. :)

Great post. Nice spot you found there. Tears came to my eyes...seriously. That's what I am searching for this year.

Fishing has taken a root in me the last couple years turning into an obsession...obsession for men? :unsure::P

Taco,

I don't remember if I told you last year when you came for a visit, but we drove through Porky's to the trailer on a whim to see where it is you travel from and also to see if we could cut some time from the trip. We won't do it again - cost us more time, and too much gravel road for this girl. But as we were driving along, I kept saying to Mike "God....I'd love to fish that little trickle of water - bet there's some decent fish in there. I'd bet my favourite hat that there's some surprises to be had in those little skiffs of water....and maybe one day I'll find the time to confirm my suspicions. Beautiful country that.

Oh ya....and nice post too. You'll have to tell us all of your Sask adventures this summer. Mike wants you to know he's going to Northern Sask to fish for lakers and walleye next week. He said you'd know where he was going. I told him to fill his boots. I bet the mosquitoes are as big as bats there. :lol:

• 3 months later...