Fly Fusion Forums

Obama Wins Nobel Peace Prize

Obama gets awarded the Nobel Peace Prize. In his acceptance speech he admitted he has accomplished nothing to get the award. Nominations closed with him being in office just 8 weeks.

story here

In an unrelated story; rumor has it the NHL is thinking of awarding the Calgary Flames the stanley Cup as they have already won 4 in a row...

Obama gets awarded the Nobel Peace Prize. In his acceptance speech he admitted he has accomplished nothing to get the award. Nominations closed with him being in office just 8 weeks.

story here

In an unrelated story; rumor has it the NHL is thinking of awarding the Calgary Flames the stanley Cup as they have already won 4 in a row...

His country is at war, he has committed more troops, and he gets the peace prize? This is just another sign that shows we are completely :$*%&: .

Guest Sundancefisher
His country is at war, he has committed more troops, and he gets the peace prize? This is just another sign that shows we are completely :$*%&: .

He has galvanized a number of Americans to think things can be better. He has galvanized many more in the world to think he will bring more peaceful relations and less international bit ch slapping.

He's made a bunch of right wing Texans mad. That's always a good thing!

Basically he's given the world hope just by not being Bush. Gives you some idea of how scary Bush was to the rest of the world (and I'm speaking as an American here).

And on the war thing, I personally believe that keeping the Taliban out of power in Afghanistan is a worthwhile goal.

Hmm your right, its a good idea to completely withdraw all support from a nation on the verge of collapse. After all when civil unrest and social needs become even more pressing its not like they'll turn to terrorism.

Who cares about those poor people on the other side of the world. And who cares about terrorism, as long as you don't live in New York its not a problem.

Hmm your right, its a good idea to completely withdraw all support from a nation on the verge of collapse. After all when civil unrest and social needs become even more pressing its not like they'll turn to terrorism.

Who cares about those poor people on the other side of the world. And who cares about terrorism, as long as you don't live in New York its not a problem.

Withdraw support? That's an interesting choice of words. Someones been watching a little too much CNN or FOX news. You really think they are providing support? You really think they were ever fighting terrorism? I got news for you... terrorists do live in New York and they wear $5,000 suits. Stop taking the media's word for everything and start thinking for yourself. The truth is out there if you have the sand to go look for it.

Withdraw support? That's an interesting choice of words. Someones been watching a little too much CNN or FOX news. You really think they are providing support? You really think they were ever fighting terrorism? I got news for you... terrorists do live in New York and they wear $5,000 suits. Stop taking the media's word for everything and start thinking for yourself. The truth is out there if you have the sand to go look for it.

Firstly I do not watch CNN or Fox, nor did I support the "war on terror" when it stared.

Consider the errors in your comment:

#1: "You really think they were ever fighting terrorism?" - why else would we be in Afghanistan, do some research. Its one of the poorest, least developed, resource scarce countries in the world. No oil, their only lucrative trade is poppies which no first world government is interested in. Why else would we be in there?

#2: "terrorists do live in New York and they wear $5,000 suits" - Get your head checked.

#3: "Stop taking the media's word for everything" - Never have I solely relied on the media for my opinions. I use logic, knowledge and facts to form an opinion. Unlike your radical sensationalism view of events.

#4: "the truth is out there" - troubling statement, especially when it comes to foreign affairs there rarely is "truth", rather just better opinions and arguments then others.

If you are going to be a sensationalist radical then at least support your claims, rather than just blatantly asserting them.

#1: "You really think they were ever fighting terrorism?" - why else would we be in Afghanistan, do some research. Its one of the poorest, least developed, resource scarce countries in the world. No oil, their only lucrative trade is poppies which no first world government is interested in. Why else would we be in there?

Can you say "Pipeline"? "Stable" (term used loosely), puppet governments sure make those easier to install.

#2: "terrorists do live in New York and they wear $5,000 suits" - Get your head checked.

Do you honestly think the "martyrs", or the uneducated, unemployed that seem to be so much fodder for terrorist operations have the ability to finance and organize such operations themselves? The financing and organization have to come from somewhere.

Firstly I do not watch CNN or Fox, nor did I support the "war on terror" when it stared.

Consider the errors in your comment:

#3: "Stop taking the media's word for everything" - Never have I solely relied on the media for my opinions. I use logic, knowledge and facts to form an opinion. Unlike your radical sensationalism view of events.

#4: "the truth is out there" - troubling statement, especially when it comes to foreign affairs there rarely is "truth", rather just better opinions and arguments then others.

If you are going to be a sensationalist radical then at least support your claims, rather than just blatantly asserting them.

**mod edit for name calling** Wheres your support? I noticed you didn't mention Iraq. I suppose they have no resources huh? Your not worth my time to educate.

*Mod Edit* Wheres your support? I noticed you didn't mention Iraq. I suppose they have no resources huh? Your not worth my time to educate.

We should have had this discussion walking up (and up, and up) that long road in BC. Would have been interesting!!

The President Obama enhanced the chances of peaceful resolutions in this world and won the Peace Prize for changing the basis of U.S. foreign policy that, for the past 100+ years, has been "Might is Right". He dismissed the use of the term: ".....in this nation's best interests." He established an attitude of dealing with other nations as equals. This he did in the first 4 days.

Has he accomplished anything? Of course not. Has he established the groundwork for progress? Except for the military/industrial complex, everyone certainly hopes so.

j

**mod edit for name calling** Wheres your support? I noticed you didn't mention Iraq. I suppose they have no resources huh? Your not worth my time to educate.

Note to mods;

I stated publicly several times how much I support your work on the forums. But to edit a single word and not delete the entire post is not right, in my opinion. You think the word idiot is worse than "your not worth my time to educate"??? I can hardly think of a more disrespectful phrase.

At the risk of deletion, I say: Grow up Kungfool! Your argument was rebutted (whether you think it was good or not), and that's the best you can do? C'mon! Either debate the issue with respect or go to the Shack Nasties thread at least.

Smitty

The President Obama enhanced the chances of peaceful resolutions in this world and won the Peace Prize for changing the basis of U.S. foreign policy that, for the past 100+ years, has been "Might is Right". He dismissed the use of the term: ".....in this nation's best interests." He established an attitude of dealing with other nations as equals. This he did in the first 4 days.

Has he accomplished anything? Of course not. Has he established the groundwork for progress? Except for the military/industrial complex, everyone certainly hopes so.

j

Agreed.

Read this for more on the why: http://nobelprize.org/nobel_prizes/peace/l...2009/press.html

Very sound argument. I mean if someone refutes your point better to just attack them personally rather than consider their point. I can tell you're a really rational, smart guy.

Hmm your point about Iraq, Obama's considering sending more troops only to Afghanistan, and slowly withdrawing from Iraq. I thought that was common knowledge, but I guess one cannot assume anything.