Fly Fusion Forums

Some Pics From My Last Trip...

beedhead

Met up with Dekkard for a week get away...Covered a lot of water and new ground...The fishing was great on most days, some of the places we went to were just epic...It was a fantastic trip!!..I took over 500 pics, Ill share my faves....

Cheers...Jeff..

JakeandIKanCountry007.jpg

JakeandIKanCountry020.jpg

JakeandIKanCountry025.jpg

JakeandIKanCountry037.jpg

JakeandIKanCountry045.jpg

JakeandIKanCountry056.jpg

JakeandIKanCountry100.jpg

On the last day we hiked to Lake Of The Horns. Only to have found a dead lake...We fished it hard for 4hrs. We did not see one fish show, or even cruise the shore line...On the way back, we talked to some outfitters that were camped by the base of the mountain, they said they had not caught or seen a fish show all summer. They also said everyone they have talked to this summer coming back from the lake also said they had not caught or seen a fish...We contacted the Biologists, and they said it had winter killed winter of 2007/2008...They did stock fish in it last fall, and said they should be of catchable size by 2011...Oh well, it was an awesome hike, and the lake and scenery was out of this world... By far, the coolest hike and Alpine Lake I have been to this year...I did happen to find a Horn Coral Fossil...Hence the name "Lake Of The Horns"... :D ..

FalltripwithJake176.jpg

FalltripwithJake178.jpg

FalltripwithJake183.jpg

FalltripwithJake190.jpg

FalltripwithJake198.jpg

FalltripwithJake199.jpg

FalltripwithJake207.jpg

Great shots, Beadhead. I like fish pics, but when mixed with nature shots, that is even better. Good job. Let me know if you post more to somewhere else, like FaceBook, Photobucker, etc.

Here, this was the last weekend before clsoed period starts for all salmonoids, I guess I am back to tying some more of those flies that just simply outperformed others.

As I heard weather is hot in Calgary, so huys enjoy it. Go out, hike, and fish!

As usual, Jeff, an assortment of pics featuring small, ugly fish in even uglier surroundings! :barf:

If you & Dekkard can't do any better than that, you should both quit fishing; maybe try knitting...???

You suck!

OOPSIE!

My bad...

My computer's been acting up lately; some kinda virus where it shows the exact opposite of what I actually type.

Sorry 'bout dat!

Seriously wicked fish & pics, dude! Keep it up!