Fly Fusion Forums

Lets Right A Wrong

Hello all,

Please read this link http://blogs.dispatch.co.za/dispatchnow/20...fishing-horror/

Now after going through all of that I would think she would have a very soar taste for our fine Country so I was thinking maybe we could collect a few fly's and send them her way just to show that even though security treated her like crap us as fellow Fly Fishers will right a wrong.

Pacreseltoro has offered up the first dozen and I will match that with a dozen flys.

Thanks all.

I just read the story. I'm not sure why she wouldn't have included them in her luggage. But there are always 2 sides to every story. Yes she shouldn't have had the flies. Then why did they detain her? Maybe she was a wee bit pissed off and got a bit lippy with them? I don't know I wasn't there.

What I do know though is that I'm in for a dozen for sure. It doesn't say what kind of fishing she does. So not sure exactally what to tie up. If she was fishing here we all know what works in our river. Trout flies are always good all over the world.

I am gone to Fernie for the CFFC tomorrow until next Sunday. But I'll tie up the flies as soon as I get back home.

Rob

Fish Tales had Brenda as a customer and she used one of there guides so Fish Tales is offering to collect and ship what we gather up to her in SA as they have her address.

Fish Tales would be happy to collect and ship flies to her. We would make sure she knows the idea came from this forum. We'll donate the fly boxes and package things up nicely.

Kudos to everyone who is supporting this initiative.

Nancy & David

Fish Tales Fly Shop

So if you have some Flies to donate please drop them off or ship them to Fish Tales attention "Flies for Brenda"

#626, 12100 Macleod Trail SE

Calgary, AB T2J 7G9

If you are a company donating please make sure you attach your business card and brochure.

Thanks again to everyone and Fish Tales for stepping up.

I have a half dozen finished only another half dozen to go, might go for two dozen but don;t know if I have the time, plan on having mine done by friday, need to go into fish tales to get some material so I'll drop ito ff then.

Oh by the way anyone tieing any SJW's, it is after all a good fly to use on the bow.......

Guys,

Troutlover and reellife were mean to me on our fishing trip this week. They said mean things and laughed when I fell down, which was often. I wouldn't have fallen so much if I hadn't been so sad. I didn't think they were funny and now I hate Alberta. I'm pretty sure lots and lots of flies would make me feel better and I would love it here again. Maybe a new bauer reel would make me want to stay forever.

All kidding aside, you guys are awesome. First time I ever wished I tied flies, just so I could donate. Maybe I could buy her some?

I will be doing something simliar to what Jack did, but my box will contain 6 clousers, 6 leeches, 6 chenillie worms (my special tie, and I haven't deceided what the last 6 will be (thinking of maybe doing some elk hair caddis) but I think I can get 2 dozen by the end of the week, anyready got the first dozen finished.

I am then going to look for a nice wood style box that I will purchase and put all the flies in them.