Fly Fusion Forums

How? Wtf?

This post can only go downhill from here. The original message "stop RUSHING and smell the roses".

This includes people in vehicles as well.

+1

8 years working E911, and 6 working Ambulance, right here in wonderful Alberta Canada taught me that...

The only reason I don't still do both, are injuries received from 24 years in the CF..

Now does anybody wonder where my BLACK sense of humour comes from?

And do not get me wrong I totally feel for the families of the patients/victims..for they themselves not so much..

but Flyfishfairwx's post definitely is and will be removed.

I removed it since we received a few complaints about your post and I thought my post made it clear that it was me?

And Dave's came in after yours plus Dave is an Admin and I'm just a Mod so I can't edit his stuff.

I removed it since we received a few complaints about your post and I thought my post made it clear that it was me?

And Dave's came in after yours plus Dave is an Admin and I'm just a Mod so I can't edit his stuff.

fair enough, thanks

and to those that complained..

All I can say is HTFU

Harden The F##k Up!

again - I refer to the Dee Dee Dee Song...

with no quarter given to political correctness, and or apologizes for my statement...

Move to Ontario and live the liberal life... if what I said offends you...

+1

8 years working E911, and 6 working Ambulance, right here in wonderful Alberta Canada taught me that...

The only reason I don't still do both, are injuries received from 24 years in the CF..

Now does anybody wonder where my BLACK sense of humour comes from?

And do not get me wrong I totally feel for the families of the patients/victims..for they themselves not so much..

+ 2

For the last two years I have been on an acting assignment as an Operations Supervisor responsible for a portion of the TCH through the National Parks - I have been required to attend and investigate every fatality or potential fatality) in my jurisdiction during my duty cycle, before that I was a firefighter for 5 years. I can say that after 7 years of constant exposure to horrific accident scenes I know exactly where your dark sense of humour comes from flyfishfairwx, likely from accepting a reality that many can't or are unwilling to grasp- I attended an accident last winter in which a man tried to pass on icy roads with heavy opposing traffic, lost control resulting in a head on in which his wife and one of his two young children were killed. Try looking into the eyes of someone who has just gone through something like that, anger is the last thing you feel, The internet provides an insulation from reality that makes it easy to level judgements without the influence of reality and the emotions generated from actual exposure to tragedy and its costs.

I challenge anyone to state that they have never taken a risk - be honest have you ever knowingly run a yellow instead of stopping when you could have easily stopped - have you ever passed on an icy road, have you ever turned left on a road and just made it - how many times have your eaten, or answered your phone or been distracted one of a million possible ways - reality is that as a society, when it comes to motor transportation we have chosen to accept a mortality rate and level of risk that in any other activity or occupation would simply not ever be acceptable under any normal standard - personally I find getting angry at any individual mistake is pointless because if I were to examine myself honestly under the same measure, I can't help but acknowledge that I have taken the same risks repeatedly throughout my life despite the fact I know the cost very well, in my first year as a firefighter I skipped a call because I just didn't feel like going (oddly... very much NOT in my nature), I am not religous but I can't help but wonder if some greater force was at work, because that page was for a fatal head-on accident and the victim killed was a girlfriend to whom I had just said goodnight as she got into her car 20 minutes previous to her violent death and produced the resultant tone on my pager. (I've long since given up trying to understand that chain of events and simply revel in thankfullness that fate left me at home for that call)

Over time anger has evolved into a lingering sadness and regret in both the acceptance and cost of human nature. I'll tell you this, on Nov 30 my assignment ends, I don't know what my next assignment or position will be, but I can assure you of one thing, flyfishing will once again be my hobby, and not an intrinsic part of my personal mental health therapy, and I look forward to closing this chapter of my life.

On one hand getting angry at this stuff seems ridiculous, but on the other, if Dave's post makes even just one person a little more cautious, and that reaction saves a life, I say good job ! none-the-less

If it seems I am dismissive and somewhat snide in some of my responses to some of the seemingly ridiculous and pointless arguments that take place here, know it is with good reason and my occasionaly misplaced humour is sometimes just a comparitive reaction to some of the crap I deal with on a daily basis

I've spent most of my life on the road watching people repeatedly do stupid, stupid things, and , sadly, watching some of them pay for it dearly.. Like speeding, not using siginals, cutting in front of big rigs, driving too fast on snow, and more. There on the exact same level as people who try to "beat a train" ... so... who's throwing the first stones? Think about that next time you buckle up.... Oh ... right.. there's another stupid thing people forget or just don't give a crap about.

My biggest pet peeve about Calgary/AB/BC is that EVERYONE is in a hurry. I makes me very upset at times. Kelowna is the worst.

I see so many people taking chances to save them .5 seconds in their day. For what? To make it to the starbucks line ahead of one other person?

Yesterday as I was driving my motorcycle to work, I was cut off by a turning vehicle forcing me to split the cars and ride the centerline.

The guy gave me the finger. I keep a pocket full of pennies just for people like this. However I've never had the guts to reach and and toss them over my shoulder as we're cruising down the highway.

So in closing, look both ways. Remember what you were taught as a youth. Be kind to old people.

I don't drive so I don't really see much of that *hit, but I tell you people on the trains are a sight to see.

Today I was standing at the train heading for my bus and the warnning singls are going and there are people duckin running across, last time I checked that noise was a warnning to STOP TRAIN COMING anyways I counted like 20 people running across before the bars came down. Good thing the driver saw all of this too and was just sitting there. Then this lady comes by talking on her phone ducks under the bar and walks right across.

It blew me away she didn't even think about crossing train tracs, thank god the driver had a brain, who said blondes aren't stupid (sorry Lynn you don;t count cause you scare me)

I know when I am talking on my phone or listening to music when I reach the tracks I slow down and look at my sourrondings, but as a kid I grew up around trains in small towns so I knew the dangers of a train trac.

I see *hit like this everyday, thank god I haven't seen someone serious injured or killed.

+ 2

For the last two years I have been on an acting assignment as an Operations Supervisor responsible for a portion of the TCH through the National Parks - I have been required to attend and investigate every fatality or potential fatality) in my jurisdiction during my duty cycle, before that I was a firefighter for 5 years. I can say that after 7 years of constant exposure to horrific accident scenes I know exactly where your dark sense of humour comes from flyfishfairwx, likely from accepting a reality that many can't or are unwilling to grasp- I attended an accident last winter in which a man tried to pass on icy roads with heavy opposing traffic, lost control resulting in a head on in which his wife and one of his two young children were killed. Try looking into the eyes of someone who has just gone through something like that, anger is the last thing you feel, The internet provides an insulation from reality that makes it easy to level judgements without the influence of reality and the emotions generated from actual exposure to tragedy and its costs.

I challenge anyone to state that they have never taken a risk - be honest have you ever knowingly run a yellow instead of stopping when you could have easily stopped - have you ever passed on an icy road, have you ever turned left on a road and just made it - how many times have your eaten, or answered your phone or been distracted one of a million possible ways - reality is that as a society, when it comes to motor transportation we have chosen to accept a mortality rate and level of risk that in any other activity or occupation would simply not ever be acceptable under any normal standard - personally I find getting angry at any individual mistake is pointless because if I were to examine myself honestly under the same measure, I can't help but acknowledge that I have taken the same risks repeatedly throughout my life despite the fact I know the cost very well, in my first year as a firefighter I skipped a call because I just didn't feel like going (oddly... very much NOT in my nature), I am not religous but I can't help but wonder if some greater force was at work, because that page was for a fatal head-on accident and the victim killed was a girlfriend to whom I had just said goodnight as she got into her car 20 minutes previous to her violent death and produced the resultant tone on my pager. (I've long since given up trying to understand that chain of events and simply revel in thankfullness that fate left me at home for that call)

Over time anger has evolved into a lingering sadness and regret in both the acceptance and cost of human nature. I'll tell you this, on Nov 30 my assignment ends, I don't know what my next assignment or position will be, but I can assure you of one thing, flyfishing will once again be my hobby, and not an intrinsic part of my personal mental health therapy, and I look forward to closing this chapter of my life.

On one hand getting angry at this stuff seems ridiculous, but on the other, if Dave's post makes even just one person a little more cautious, and that reaction saves a life, I say good job ! none-the-less

If it seems I am dismissive and somewhat snide in some of my responses to some of the seemingly ridiculous and pointless arguments that take place here, know it is with good reason and my occasionaly misplaced humour is sometimes just a comparitive reaction to some of the crap I deal with on a daily basis

It's really nice to see you back posting on FFC, Pipestonedude; you always seem to have an interesting take on things...

I don't drive so I don't really see much of that *hit, but I tell you people on the trains are a sight to see.

Today I was standing at the train heading for my bus and the warnning singls are going and there are people duckin running across, last time I checked that noise was a warnning to STOP TRAIN COMING anyways I counted like 20 people running across before the bars came down. Good thing the driver saw all of this too and was just sitting there. Then this lady comes by talking on her phone ducks under the bar and walks right across.

It blew me away she didn't even think about crossing train tracs, thank god the driver had a brain, who said blondes aren't stupid (sorry Lynn you don;t count cause you scare me)

I know when I am talking on my phone or listening to music when I reach the tracks I slow down and look at my sourrondings, but as a kid I grew up around trains in small towns so I knew the dangers of a train trac.

I see *hit like this everyday, thank god I haven't seen someone serious injured or killed.

This is not at you Bhurt

But for the ones you mention DEE DEE DEE....

kOGSp6ggz69ODmv2Fkb831sVN3c0.gif...am I wrong in believing that here in Calgary there is a Fine of $250.00 for using a cell phone while driving your expensive car, truck or tricycle?...but as far as those two ppl, how come you ruled out the possibility that they might have been "high" on whatever, which would put them both in a state of oblivion to anything............................Wolfie

You are wrong (can you handle it ;))!! Though if you were in a crash, etc., and it was determined that you were on your cell, texting, putting on make-up, eating your breakfast, etc., you would be fined for inattentive driving...

But currently no "specific" regulations/laws pretaining to driving while talking on a cell phone...

P

kOGSp6ggz69ODmv2Fkb831sVN3c0.gif...am I wrong in believing that here in Calgary there is a Fine of $250.00 for using a cell phone while driving your expensive car, truck or tricycle?...but as far as those two ppl, how come you ruled out the possibility that they might have been "high" on whatever, which would put them both in a state of oblivion to anything............................Wolfie