Fly Fusion Forums

R.b. Meiser Rods

Just wondered if anybody has owned or cast the switch series of rods from R.B. Meiser? I added an 11'ft 6/7 weight Grey's GRXI to my arsenal earlier this year and love it. Throwin' 60+ footers is easy, even chuckin' a triple nymph rig in a gale. However, a little on the heavy side for high stickin' and lacks alot of refinement, I guess that's what ya get for $175.00. I'm leaning towards the 10'6 series 2, which I belive equates to a 4wt. I typically would just go about my regular routine of hittin' up all the fly shops in town and chuckin' different sticks but none of the local shops seem to carry any these rod sizes.

Here's the link to the switch series page

http://www.meiserflyrods.com/s2h106.html

Thanks

Heard some very good reviews about his rods, but don't know of anyone who carries them.

Amundson is coming out with an 1134 switch (11' 3/4) that may interest you. I have one you could try casting, but I'm south of Calgary in Medicine Hat.

Bob Meiser and Mike Kinney have combined to design/build some really serious sticks. They are some of the very best for most people who use them. Meiser Rods start at $650-700 Cdn+.

If the dollars aren't burning a hole, I will have the Amundson Wind Warrior 1134 at the Calgary FF Expo in January.

j

Sorry: 11' 3/4wt "Trout Spey". It was designed for small rivers like the Elk, Crow, Livingstone, Skagit(on the coast), Horsefly, Blackwater, here in the Cariboo. We spent 5 days playing with it in the Kootenay in July, heading to the Peace to play some more, early this coming week.

Under $300(very slightly), lifetime warranty.

I still love Meisers, though! :)

j

My brother in law picked on up last year. The 10'6 System-4. I only had the opportunity to try it for about a couple of hours last spring. A honey of a rod. Grain window of 250-400. I''m contemplating picking one up this winter. Bob Meiser puts out this series in a few different grain weights.

Just wondered if anybody has owned or cast the switch series of rods from R.B. Meiser? I added an 11'ft 6/7 weight Grey's GRXI to my arsenal earlier this year and love it. Throwin' 60+ footers is easy, even chuckin' a triple nymph rig in a gale. However, a little on the heavy side for high stickin' and lacks alot of refinement, I guess that's what ya get for $175.00. I'm leaning towards the 10'6 series 2, which I belive equates to a 4wt. I typically would just go about my regular routine of hittin' up all the fly shops in town and chuckin' different sticks but none of the local shops seem to carry any these rod sizes.

Thanks

I love his stuff. I have cast a few of his sticks. Great stuff. I think the TFO 12.6 DeerCreek is something he had his hand in, with Mike Kinney maybe? Either way the DC 5/6 12.6 is also a sweet stick.

al

Don't mind at all, had a few people ask me to post it on various forums. received some nice comments form Bob Meiser about it.

I think I post a message on Ur blog about it when I first saw it as well...however, since that time you haven't told us by posting if that lady lost her girl hood over a favorable size trout....Wolfie

She has indeed seen water and fish and her performance has made her my new love. She took several rainbows up to 18 inches swinging wet flies, nothing over 20 as yet but then the small dry fly hatches have taken my time lately with my trout bum and several bamboo's as preference. She has sat quietly and most patently in her case waiting for the colder weather when she and I will spend some quality time together. She's a champ and royalty in my book.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to Everybody on the advice, Jack in-particular, he has cured my recent case of " I NEED A NEW RODITIS" For those of you have not had the pleasure of dealin' with him, his service to this point has been nothin' short of fantastic. Bloom to, He offered me his stick to try out, and doesn't even know me. I am currently waiting on the new Amundson 11' 3/4 "Trout Spey" to arrive. Can't wait to get er'

Craig,

Silver.... That is one sweet rod ya got dude!!