Fly Fusion Forums

Ducks On The Pond.....

I love the quote in this link "and they talk on video...that's unusual". You know the guy wanted to say "what a bunch of ****ing morons" LOL

I'm glad they got caught....and with all the charges they're facing I'm betting there's gonna be a nice little fine or two. At any rate, their duck...er....goose is cooked. Good to see.

http://www.calgarysun.com/news/canada/2009...404751-sun.html

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So much for a bright idea that came @ the tail end of a flat of Club, They'll get maybe(?) 1000-1500 bucks apiece, their hunting/gun rights pulled for 5 and 6-8 months laughter, they'll remember being laughed outta town the longest

Guest Sundancefisher

It is great they were caught...now let's hope for the maximum penalty...and the release of their names is interesting...

http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/Canada/2009/08...412881-sun.html

now they are throwing lots of excuses...like we didn't know better...like we have kids and stop making threats, and we are pet owners and feel bad for killing birds needlessly, don't blame us we are from Toronto...etc...

Throw the book at them I say. They are remorseful cause they got caught.

The threats are over the top - no call for that whatsoever, but these guys are only sorry they got caught and now everyone knows who they are. There's no doubt in my mind that they're cruel and got pleasure out of what they were doing - illegal or not. I'd hate to see how they treat their family pets. I hope they get the maximum everything thrown at them. And I hope they're scared shitless - they should be.

Guest girlsfishtoo
I hope they get what they deserve! They got caught, and now they are saying they are sorry? They should have known at the time what they were doing was cruel and wrong!

so would that classify them as hillbillies, rednecks, or a very special breed unto themselves?

I'm thinking the latter. How about "Ultra-super-mega-REDNECK-scum".

Not to make too much light of this because, man, that is a disturbing video. If it was 10 year olds with pellet guns I think I would have some understanding of how this could happen. But, full grown adults with rifles...

I agree with the comments here.

Guest Sundancefisher

Curious though...

How many people do we know go out to shoot gophers and hoot and holler just the same way as these guys?

I guess the only difference is there is an expectation that killing gophers helps a farmer protect their livestock from leg injuries...but all the same...any other differences.

I have always harboured a little guilt about thinking of shooting gophers. Many people I know consider it a sport. I have not tried it yet.

Any thoughts?

Curious though...

How many people do we know go out to shoot gophers and hoot and holler just the same way as these guys?

I guess the only difference is there is an expectation that killing gophers helps a farmer protect their livestock from leg injuries...but all the same...any other differences.

I have always harboured a little guilt about thinking of shooting gophers. Many people I know consider it a sport. I have not tried it yet.

Any thoughts?

Funny, i watched a show about gophers on National Geopgrahic i believe and they had stated that from figures and estimates that post the colonization of north america by the whites that the gopher population has decreased over something like 80-90% from what it oringinally was. Makes you wonder how many there were in the days of the buffalo, and how much human influence has had on that specific species.

Guest Sundancefisher
Funny, i watched a show about gophers on National Geopgrahic i believe and they had stated that from figures and estimates that post the colonization of north america by the whites that the gopher population has decreased over something like 80-90% from what it oringinally was. Makes you wonder how many there were in the days of the buffalo, and how much human influence has had on that specific species.

The lowly Gopher. Farmers swerve for them and city dwellers swerve to miss them.

http://www.nationalpost.com/news/story.html?id=1877798

The bafoons appear to be pleading guilty and are not using a lawyer. Got to respect them for that unless they were to dumb to think about needing a lawyer for gun infractions.

ATT2.gif..it looks good on these newly located Saskatchewan, former Ontario boys who claim they didn't know shooting ducks out of season on private property or not is not only a provincial offense but a federal offense.........these Animation2.gif are at this moment going in front of a judge...there is "no excuse" for ignorance.........Wolfie

The lowly Gopher. Farmers swerve for them and city dwellers swerve to miss them.

Only 2 things in the world that farmers and ranchers swerve to hit... gophers and lawyers, lawyers they'll chase down into the ditch.... OH!! and maybe real estate agents

Shhhh! We're lynching someone! Out of here with your "reason"! :D

Sure, the only difference is really that one is regulated game and the other isn't.

I think you have to look at these guys as not just breaking the law but also being unsafe as well (high powered rifles at water = dumb).

Honestly though, I've seen worse - there are vids on youtube where a little kid is laughing is head off breaking injured goose necks. And we all know how much fish and game gets wasted in Alberta every year, either by freezer burn or whatever.

But hey, this is a bulletin board for a bunch of people who hook fish in the mouth, drag them around to the point of exhaustion, and then take them out of water for pictures.

I don't think the difference between most fishermen and hunters and these guys in the eyes of the public is as big as most of us would believe.

For the record, I shoot gophers AND hook fish in the mouth and drag them around to the point of exhaustion. (Sometimes I even take pictures!)

Curious though...

Any thoughts?

Guest Sundancefisher
I'll say this for them, they manned up.

Amazing someone from Ontario would of been smart enough to realize they should get this mess over quickly. More likely the people will forget and the court would be most lenient.

Amazing someone from Ontario would of been smart enough to realize they should get this mess over quickly. More likely the people will forget and the court would be most lenient.

I be from the East too....but no worries....I won't take offense. It seems that there are alot of folks from Ontario who are as dumb as bricks - and I even know a few.

But manning up? I dunno...they're just doing damage control now - apologize and seem all remorseful so that the reporters have nothing left to sensationalize and all this goes away - they know how it works. Call me a cynic.

I be from the East too....but no worries....I won't take offense. It seems that there are alot of folks from Ontario who are as dumb as bricks - and I even know a few.

But manning up? I dunno...they're just doing damage control now - apologize and seem all remorseful so that the reporters have nothing left to sensationalize and all this goes away - they know how it works. Call me a cynic.

Dumb as bricks are found everywhere, Ontario doesn't have a monopoly on them. I've been to many places in this world and have seen so much that is unbelievable that it would make your head spin.

The fines are a joke, more proof that the courts have little regard for the laws over which they reside.

Speaking of which - I wonder what it does take to get the maximum $300,000 fine and 6 months in jail? What would you have to do? I'd bet that has never been given out, nor ever will. So what's the point. The courts and system are the joke here.