Fly Fusion Forums

Floating The Bow

Hey, just wondering with the higher flows lately if it is still safe to take the pontoon on the Bow. I seen some people in dingies last night. I know everyone will have their own comfort limit, but was just curious to see how others felt. I have not floated the Bow this year yet, but got out about 3 times last year. Any tips for handling the higher water?

Cheers,

Fred

Fred,

High water or not, whatever you decide, please wear a PFD!!!

P

Hey, just wondering with the higher flows lately if it is still safe to take the pontoon on the Bow. I seen some people in dingies last night. I know everyone will have their own comfort limit, but was just curious to see how others felt. I have not floated the Bow this year yet, but got out about 3 times last year. Any tips for handling the higher water?

Cheers,

Fred

Fred,

I've floated the Bow at levels well above what they're at now in my PAC900. If you decide to do it, you need to be careful - things can come up on you a lot faster and you have less time to react.

Watch your feet in the water and just keep your head up. The best way to face any obstacle is pointed straight at it with your feet on the pegs.

I wouldn't float it if it was your first time, but if you're comfortable with your boat and familiar with the stretch you're fishing you shouldn't have any problems. I would go with a buddy to be safe.

Always wear a lifejacket.

Yeah, yeah, Matt!!

I was a Lifeguard and Water Safety instructor to over 12 years in both Canada and in the United States... You cannot give people enough reminders of doing such a simple thing. Drownings are 99% preventable!!

P

P.S BTW, you're welcome!! ;)

Thanks mom.

Only tips that i can provide is make sure your boat is well anchored when you pull over to pee.Trying to chase your boat down stream with your dick hanging out is not recommended.

Too funny, hahahahaha!