Fly Fusion Forums

Lakes Around Jaffrey

It looks like I am going to be going camping around koocanusa with some friends this weekend. I have been in the area before but for dirtbiking moreso then fishing. I am just wondering if anyone has fished any of the lakes around there, I know Tie lake and Baynes are supposed to be full of bass so that could be fun. Apparently there is also a lake nearby named suzanne that has large trout but I have never heard anything about it. If anyone has any info about any of these lakes it would be appreciated, I would like to get my girlfriend into a couple fish this weekend and go somewhere where I can have a decent day tossing some flies around.

thanks

There's also Jim Smith Lake in Cranbrook which supposedly has smallmouth. There's a couple ponds down HaHa Creek Road that have largemouth and brooders from the hatchery but I think they're closed this year due to someone dumping pike in them last year. I've heard good things about Surveyors so that would probably be your best bet.

Suzanne and North Star on the east side of the road between campground and Jaffery. RBT and bass in Suzanne. I think they through some brood stock in Suzanne. Bass will take stimulators beside the bull rushes. Pretty cool to watch the rushes move as the fish comes to your fly. Lots of sticklebacks in the lake as well.