Fly Fusion Forums

Different Stuff From The Bow

esleech

Uuuuuhhmmm.....screw nature in this case - huck em in the bush!

I don't think used condoms, tampons, and turds were here before the fish?

It's a sport-fishery now whether you agree or not - manage it that way and eliminate it's threats.

Worry about the perch in the waters in pristine areas where we can keep things the way they are, I'm not going to sit in a sewer pipe and worry about the native species. That's like telling a hooker she should work on her conversational skills.

Uuuuuhhmmm.....screw nature in this case - huck em in the bush!

I don't think used condoms, tampons, and turds were here before the fish?

It's a sport-fishery now whether you agree or not - manage it that way and eliminate it's threats.

Worry about the perch in the waters in pristine areas where we can keep things the way they are, I'm not going to sit in a sewer pipe and worry about the native species. That's like telling a hooker she should work on her conversational skills.

What? talk clearer with her mouth full?? ;)

I don't think I'd worry about perch in a large river full of large finned predators but that wasn't the issue. Perch in the Bow are a provincially regulated sportfish and "huck em in the bush" is illegal...period. Does "huck em in the bush" mean that I can, in all good conscious, go to a stream where the brookies have crowded out the cutts and the bulls and start firing them fukkinwaterrats into the trees?? I wouldn't think so.

As the person that started this thread, I hereby decree a cessastion to all primitive fecal throwing, and declare that all who do not begin to post "different stuff from the bow", be excommunicated from the church of FFC, and, or be beheaded! :angry:

That's awesome. I've never seen anyone seriously pose with a sucker before, good on ya. Besides, they're fish too right.

I caught a few big Carp in the Bow a few years back and couldn't figure out how they got in. Later, I was golfing at the course I think in Claresholm and the ponds were loaded with the same Carp. I asked one of the maintenance guys if they could ever get into the creek that flows through the course and he said they get in all the time. They must have then made it down to the Bow.

These fish fought like hell and one was pushing 7 or 8 pounds. I've heard they eat algae as well.

Dagnab it, Taco, that's one sweet Avatar ya got there. When I read your posts, I hear his voice in my head; as if there aren't

enough voices in there already! ;)

And just so I don't get excommunicated or beheaded: Nice suckers! Why the Hell would ya wanna touch'em? EWWWW! :wacko:

MTB,

If those grass carp came from Claresholm it would be a long trip. Storm runoff from here ends up in the Old Man downstream of Ft MacLeod

I figured it would be a long trip, but I guess someone physically transported them.

Either way, it was a little bit of a surprise to catch such an alien fish, but to catch a few was really strange.

I was told that they are long-nosed suckers. And all of them were easy fights, except the one took me a good 10mins to bring in. The only reason we figured to pose was cause we couldnt believe that this was all we were catching and lots of them so we had to have some sort of proof not to mention all on a fly rod. Plus the colors were weird, couldnt believe the color on some. As for touching them, i would much rather touch them then a pike cause at least a sucker doesnt leave alot of stinky slime everywhere.

I actually thought they were mountain suckers but they do look a lot like the long-nose. either way, why do so many of you guys get freaked out by suckers?? they are fish just like browns and 'bows. if those suckers had a head like a trout on them you guys would coveting them as the nicest lookng fish in the river is my guess. i'm going to assume these were caught in the spring judging by the awesome colours on that last one. seems like a lot of folks like my sturgeon pics but they are just suckers too. maye its just me but I like all fish, they are all equal to me. my .02 cents worth. later

M

I actually thought they were mountain suckers but they do look a lot like the long-nose. either way, why do so many of you guys get freaked out by suckers?? they are fish just like browns and 'bows. if those suckers had a head like a trout on them you guys would coveting them as the nicest lookng fish in the river is my guess. i'm going to assume these were caught in the spring judging by the awesome colours on that last one. seems like a lot of folks like my sturgeon pics but they are just suckers too. maye its just me but I like all fish, they are all equal to me. my .02 cents worth. later

M

You're right, all fish are equal- but some are more equal than others! :P

Only thing that really bothers me about suckers is the snot that ends up all

over your fly, tippet, etc.; don't believe in tossing them in the bushes like

some folks do. They are part of the ecosystem, & make good food for

bulls, pike, & other predators. Long live the sucker! :)