Fly Fusion Forums

Fishing Below The Weir

I know that the weir is in the process of being changed but do you think it would be okay for fishing around there below the weir? The regs right now say the river is closed downtown where I live so the closest thing is below the weir area. My gf has the car during the day so I would need to take the C-train or bus. Closest C train would be the max bell center one or I bus goes to where Blackfoot / 17Ave crosses the river.

Is there a fish ladder around that weir at all? Maybe the fishies would get stacked up below it... Anybody have any experience in that area?

Thanks guys :)

• Like 1

I agree with what everyone said previously as far as regs go. I have tried my luck in the same spot that you are thinking before the wier was under construction. Not much luck, and what I did get was pretty small. I am not sure what effect the new wier will have on river currents directly below the wier or what effect the construction has on sediment load directly below the wier. Be sure to let me know how it goes....

Matt

You should be careful there may be laws about fishing around the construction area. Also the area will not fish well with all the heavy duty activity.

Ya I wasn't sure about the effect construction would have and the amount of silt in the water, thanks for the replies :)