Fly Fusion Forums

Flexi-body

vhawk12

Does anyone know who handles this stuff in town? Or at least a good substitute? I've heard Flexi-body is good because it's quite elastic and quite thick to make good segmented bodies (also Oliver Edwards uses it, so you know it's good....he's like fly tying's Chuck Norris!!)

Does anyone know who handles this stuff in town? Or at least a good substitute? I've heard Flexi-body is good because it's quite elastic and quite thick to make good segmented bodies (also Oliver Edwards uses it, so you know it's good....he's like fly tying's Chuck Norris!!)

Is oliver edwards the same person the wrote the book called "Masters Class" which had amazing life like stonefly imitations?

I buy mine from stockards (jsflyfishing.com), theirs is imported from england and thick enough for nice segmentation. Some great colors too.

One and the same. The book is a treasure if you can find it.

I purchased that book must be at least 10 years ago. I had the same problem finding the product so I actually called him up. He and I had a lengthy call(phone bill was tremendous)as I forgot it was overseas. Very brillant man. He advised me to go two places to solve the issue:a static sign developer shop for the film and drafting store for panatone markers. I have enough of the material for 10 life times and it cost me zip as I pick up the material that the store classified as scrap.

It is clear film with a white glossy paper backing they use it as a base for store window signage and with a brush of the marker bam it is coloured(the colour does not wipe off as the film absorbs it in). Makes crazy works of art.

M