Fly Fusion Forums

4 Days On The Crow

beedhead

Spent 4 days on the Crow...Monday-Burmis was pretty much froze over, along with many favorite holes, leading to a slow day, and was a fair bit chilly and breezy also making it a short day...Tues- I fished with a friend Chris (Chris Crow) and we Did pretty good feeling a few fish and getting a few to hand...Along with de-icing the guides on a regular Basis...By mid afternoon a big snow storm moved in finishing the day early...Wed-fished solo, covering allot of water getting into some fish in the pools that had been froze over prior...Fishing picked up in the later afternoon when the temp came up and the sun started to shine...Thurs-ggp (Double Haul Master) came down to join on a nice warm day...Each getting into a few fish and getting a few to hand...Fish were allot more active and were seeming to be on the move as the water level was coming up, seeing and getting into fish where we had not seen them all winter...Was nice to get out for a few days and pretty much have the River traffic free...As far as open water goes as of yesterday-from Lumbreck to the Reservoir there was no or very little open water, Lietch and Burmis are pretty much wide open....I have a feeling today and the weekend will be some good fishin on the Crow....Here are a few pics from the trip...Will post more later....

Cheers...Jeff..

TheCrow145.jpg

TheCrow066.jpg

TheCrow069-1.jpg

TheCrow154.jpg

TheCrow067-1.jpg

TheCrow105-1.jpg

TheCrow107-1.jpg

Tuesday Snow Storm...

TheCrow097.jpg

Nice..most envious picture was the snow storm one...I love being in the pass and fishing in the snow...those are the days I seem to remember.

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!! and Bloom I'm with you on that one. I'm craving a snowy day in the pass with the temp around -2

Me and Cuttbow and Flyfishfairwx had a nice day on friday... will have to post a report and some pics too. I couldn't do anything wrong and ended up with quite a few fish to hand, some goofy stuff worked for me, like standing up on a bluff and casting into a pool resulted in my biggest fish of the day (near 19 inch or so). It was fantastic, warm, and fun.

I'd have posted sooner but... had a booboo on the way home last night.

Brian

Me and Cuttbow and Flyfishfairwx had a nice day on friday... will have to post a report and some pics too. I couldn't do anything wrong and ended up with quite a few fish to hand, some goofy stuff worked for me, like standing up on a bluff and casting into a pool resulted in my biggest fish of the day (near 19 inch or so). It was fantastic, warm, and fun.

Brian

Great to hear you guys did well and had a good time!!...Lookin forward to your pics!!!...I bet the river fished well, with the warmer weather and slight raise in the water level... The fishin was picken up pretty good on Thursday..Hope your booobooo was not to bad???...And you are o.k??....I bet it was deer related, or you found a pub on the way home with with the boys...lol...Had 3 incidents with deer in the past 2 years...Damn things are gettin outta controll!!

Cheers...Jeff

Brian

Was a beautiful day on the crow. Ya you standing on that bluff and hooking that nice bow was priceless. We wont reveal what quite a few fish were for you, but you were definately on fire. Totally insane was the word i was looking for.Was nice to end the day on the double header. Sorry to hear about your BooBoo on the way home. Hope everything is ok.

You even managed to turn 2 more guys to the dark side.LOL

Brent