Fly Fusion Forums

Seen This One Coming....

took long enough to impose a ban on random campfires down south. All the random camping yahoos will now deluge the campgrounds, so best get there early if ya wanna spot!

And, is it me, or is this the longest/latest the Bow has ever been off-colour due to run-off? Anyone keep track of that?

I certainly see the need for it with the aforementioned 'yahoos' - but i've gotta say it bums me out. The few irresponsible always seem to wreck it for the responsible, don't they?

Oh well, not like paying 6 bucks for an armload of firewood is 'getting back to nature' anyhow.

Ty

I certainly see the need for it with the aforementioned 'yahoos' - but i've gotta say it bums me out. The few irresponsible always seem to wreck it for the responsible, don't they?

Oh well, not like paying 6 bucks for an armload of firewood is 'getting back to nature' anyhow.

Ty

Yep...same old story. 98% of them are good...but those 2% wreck it for everyone.

Saw this one coming.

- The Grammar Police

Wow, are you going to be busy...

This is only another of our get aways, that is being taken away from the people that have kept it without the need for these types of regulations for so long, because of the Jack-asses out there.

I've lost some great spots over the years because of these people and believe, (and Hope), they are being proactive so we don't lose these spots now.

Have to look at the positive I always say. There are spots that I used to camp and fish that You can't even access anymore because of the destruction, so let's hope the bans deter these people. Unfortunately, they will just find somewhere else to destroy.

We could have used some redistribution of moisture wealth this summer. I am at my son's and can't believe the water in the fields--NW of Red Deer. I saw fields today that had not been planted--and simply soaked with small ponds. The RD River is high and muddy. Down south of Lethbridge they've not had appreciable rain since May. At the trailer lot near Cowley we had 40 mm of rain I think in early June and nothing for five weeks save a few drops here and there.

I haven't seen any news in 4 days but if random fires have been banned it may be a fire ban due to the hot weather and dry conditions.

Absolutely is due to the hot, dry weather. Going on to a month now since any significant precip down there. Typical July in the hills.

Lynn: Betcha did'nt see this coming.. :P

Ya....No. That's his one trip out of lurkdom for the year now :lol:

Kinda cool though - Clive has given me the new board name I've been looking for. Been looking for something a little more original....thanks Clive!