Fly Fusion Forums

Testing The Ice. Idiots

Yesterday and today, I have had to yell at a couple of school aged children who think it's a fun thing to go out on the Elbow River to test the ice. If you have any children who attend school on 2nd St SW. you may want to have a talk with them. I was fearful that I would have to go into the river to rescue them. The only reason I would have done that was to kick their asses once I got them out. Otherwise, I would have left them if they fell in. After yesterday, I got thinking that they are not only risking their lives but mine too, if I was to go in after them. I called one of the schools and talked with the Principal who was grateful I called.

We need not hear on the news that someone has lost their child due to something soo bloody stupid!

That's my rant for the week.

FHD

Yesterday and today, I have had to yell at a couple of school aged children who think it's a fun thing to go out on the Elbow River to test the ice. If you have any children who attend school on 2nd St SW. you may want to have a talk with them. I was fearful that I would have to go into the river to rescue them. The only reason I would have done that was to kick their asses once I got them out. Otherwise, I would have left them if they fell in. After yesterday, I got thinking that they are not only risking their lives but mine too, if I was to go in after them. I called one of the schools and talked with the Principal who was grateful I called.

We need not hear on the news that someone has lost their child due to something soo bloody stupid!

That's my rant for the week.

FHD

I know that if they were my kids, I would thank you for yelling at them to get off the ice.

Good on ya.

since the day smackin yer kids got frowned upon, kids have become increasingly stoopid and un respectful. its only goin to get worse. i still fear my father!

100% agree with this

Is it true you can raise your kids up without given them a smack, sure (I really don;t know, I don't have any children that I know of, cough *disclaimer*cough)

But I think, or so I know with myself, that when I did something really stupid, and I mean really stupid, that belt I got from my dad or grandfather sure straighten me up.

the fear in doing something stupid was the smack on the rear end. kept me in line.

i would have hauled those little brats out of there and dragged them back to the school, what were they doing off school property in the first place - of course i am thinking this was during school hours.

when i was in school we had teachers prowling the grounds during recess and lunch to make sure we didnt sneak off to Mcdonalds