Fly Fusion Forums

2 Wt Line Recommendations

Lundvike

Ok I a tried searching, really I did, but apparently 2 wt is too short. So I bought a 2wt TFO Finesse rod at the sportsmen show because of the smoking deal I got. I was wondering if anyone might recommend a 2 wt line? I would like a floating WF or DT.

depends what you're using it for:

-small creeks...3 wt dt, cut in half (save the other half for later)

-larger creeks, rivers 2 wt dt, cut in half (save the other half for later)

get them both to cover all bases and see which suits your rod better.

Lundvike,

I use a Cortland 444 DT2F. Works just fine. Two weight gets used about 3>5 days a year for tiny cuts in even smaller streams.

As Bloom says, the rod may function better for you with a slightly heavier fly line. See if you can borrow a 2, 3 & 4 weight and give it a go. Pick what suits you.

catch ya'

Don

Guest 420FLYFISHIN

im rocking to TFO 2 WT aswell and i wish i had put a 3wt line on it. I gan get a 40ft cast at best with my 2 wt but i cant seem to load the rod because the line is soo light.

Guest 420FLYFISHIN

im just finding that it cant make it that last few feet to some of the water i use it on. Would a larger "X" leader add the extra little bit of weight to the set up?

One of the nicest 2 wt lines on the world scene is Snowbee's Delicate presentation line...this line has a short front taper(16') , a fairly short belly(16') and a very long rear taper(43)...making accurate casts very fun and bang on... delivering small drys and nymphs has never been so easy.If anyone saw this line at last months show being cast on the pond...it was being cast on a 3 wt. 7' rod delivering bullet sized loops that always rolled out and met the target. What I really like about this line is that it always rolls out perfectly...and thats because of the rear taper.

It does come in a 2wt to 6 wt.

C