Fly Fusion Forums

Post Your Pooch

Pipestoneflyguy

Ya your right maximum, it is a doggie backpack. Hes to old to carry anything anymore, so what I do is put 2 empty 1 liter bottles in there and it works like a life jacket as well. It also gives me something to grab onto when crossing the river, just to keep him from getting swept downstream. As a side bonus, any pieces of paper or fishing line I see on the river I pick up and put in the pockets. Hes a lab cross, and to be honest Lynn, I don't do anything special. I run him once a day, take him fishing when I can, and feed him better quality pet foods. For some reason the old bugger just doesn't want to quit.

This is my girl Twiggy, about 9.5mos, hoping to take her to the Livingstone this weekend and teach her the rules. She really likes the water so wish me luck. And If I cross your path this weekend, please be patient with us.

This is my first photo post...let's see how it goes...

post-125-1184948571.jpgpost-125-1184948409.jpg

Cdone:

With a dog named Chilko I'm wondering if you are able to add anything to my post here:

http://flyfishcalgary.com/board/index.php?...pic=253&hl=

Wish I could, never fished it though. Spend a lot of time in the Chilcotin and have seen the Chilko River, as far as fish I would expect some decent bow and bull fishing. Most of the rivers up there hold decent amounts of fish and are rarely fished. Exception to that being the Chilcotin, as steelhead numbers have dwindled over the last decade.

Colin

post-60-1185569104.jpg

This is my fishing and camping buddy, Kudra. She is great company. I borrow her from my friend every Sunday-Tuesday. I really appreciate it.

She has never entered the water I'm fishing and just sits on the bank and snoozes and eats horse flies. So far a great fishing dog. She's pretty quick (ask Lynn) and jumps well.

She also walks on water....