Fly Fusion Forums

Kicking Horse

Anyone been out to Kicking Horse for some skiing/boarding in the last few weeks and how were the conditions? I tend to be cautious when I read the snow reports.Where is a good economical place to stay in Golden? Too many hotels, not enough first hand info.

Thanks for your comments in advance.

FHD

Was out doing an avalanche course last weekend and at that time conditions were sh*te!! They were getting some snow up top when we left so I'm not sure if it improved any, but my guess is it wouldn't be worth it...

Cheers,

Peter

Anyone been out to Kicking Horse for some skiing/boarding in the last few weeks and how were the conditions? I tend to be cautious when I read the snow reports.Where is a good economical place to stay in Golden? Too many hotels, not enough first hand info.

Thanks for your comments in advance.

FHD

I think kicking horse sucks with or without snow.

The fall line is all buggered up, the runs are short and then there is the retarded ice skid down to the gondola and all the way back up. They need another lift or two in my opinion. They do get some good dumps but it only takes one morning before it gets all tracked out.

If you got the time I would hit the other side of the pass and check out Revy. It was awesome last year for it's inaugural season and they added a lift and extended the gondola for this season. Incredible terrain and an astounding vertical, a top to bottom run is not for the faint of thighs.

Good luck either way.

Guest KnottyGirl

The Best Western just off the highway when you're coming in to town is pretty good. It's inexpensive and clean, I've stayed there a few times and never had any issues.

If you got the time I would hit the other side of the pass and check out Revy. It was awesome last year for it's inaugural season and they added a lift and extended the gondola for this season. Incredible terrain and an astounding vertical, a top to bottom run is not for the faint of thighs.

Have to agree, Revy is awesome, it's definitely worth the drive!!

dont wast time with fernnie either, its all ice. I was there last week and the conditions have not changes to my knowledge.

Except for the ODD stellar day, Ferine is Crap for the last few years, till the last few weeks in the spring, but then your not sking on the light stuff anymore.