Fly Fusion Forums

Anyone Have A Good Auto Mechanic?

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the suggestions.

I seem to be having some transmission trouble (lots of bad noises) and was wondering what places in the city have a good reputation. If you get into the wrong shop with tranny trouble they can really take you for a ride.

thanks in advance.

p.s. I will stay away from change auto & transmission

Guest 420FLYFISHIN

Chris tilbery at Automaxx is where i take mine and thw wifes vehicles too. Because automaxx takes any unit he is really good at all vehicles. but im sort of biast because i work there.

I take my vehicles to Folk Automotive of off Ogden Road on 16a street. They've always treated me right, and the only time I had something go wrong (not even their fault, it was a set of faulty struts) they made it right with no hassel.

In fact, we had the clutch go in our car on the way home last winter and a shop in the town where I live quoted $2500 to replace it and we would have to wait two weeks on parts. I called Folk and they were able to get in the same day plus they were about $700 lower. Even with a tow in to town we still came out money ahead.

John has been good to me as well, and if you need your skates sharpened he will do a bang up job on them as well.

They do good auto work, John's sharpened my skates since i was about 5 years old really good guy.

I take my vehicles to Folk Automotive of off Ogden Road on 16a street. They've always treated me right, and the only time I had something go wrong (not even their fault, it was a set of faulty struts) they made it right with no hassel.

In fact, we had the clutch go in our car on the way home last winter and a shop in the town where I live quoted $2500 to replace it and we would have to wait two weeks on parts. I called Folk and they were able to get in the same day plus they were about $700 lower. Even with a tow in to town we still came out money ahead.

Plus Dean is a good guy to party with. :drinked: