Fly Fusion Forums

For My Listening Pleasure

I am a Sports Talk Radio junkie. I don't know exactly when it happened, but it has. Calgary, much to my chagrin, is where Sports Talk Radio goes to die. I'm sure there are worse places, but I gotta say I've never been there. But as bad as it is, I still listened. Until day before yesterday when I installed the Sirius Satellite Radio my wife bought me. I've never been happier. I don't have to listen to Mike Richards ever again!! Horray! No lousy 1980s era impressions or Rita McNeil jokes ever again. Thank the lord. My wife is a good woman!

Driving around this evening I was cruising the dial and discovered the AC/DC channel. Now, I've listened to these guys since the 70s and saw them live in like 1977 or so. (on a side note, anyone who gives Nickleback *hit for playing the same song over and over needs to listen to AC/DC play the same song over and over for 30 yrs now). I still love them, and have the new cd (haven't listened to it yet though). I always thought that Brian Johnson replacing Bonn Scott when he died was the greatest replacement singer choice ever. And while I still believe that, when listening this evening I heard some Bonn Scott songs and some Brian Johnson songs. While Brian is great, if I was him I would not allow Sirius to play Bonn Scott songs next to his. Scott utterly blows Johnson away, thought the band became more popular under Johnson. Something about the growl with the high pitched screeches (Neckties, Contracts, HIGH VOLTAGE), is AC/DC to me.

Sorry for the pointless ramble.

Johnson:

Click here if the movie does not play.

Scott

Click here if the movie does not play.

Who? Corb or Ian?

Actually I'm pissed @ Sirius/XM 'cause the assholes tanked Buzzsaw. Channel 19 used to keep me going and alive after a 16 hr day and I still had another 250km to go. ACDC 24/7 just don't quite cut it.

Who? Corb or Ian?

Actually I'm pissed @ Sirius/XM 'cause the assholes tanked Buzzsaw. Channel 19 used to keep me going and alive after a 16 hr day and I still had another 250km to go. ACDC 24/7 just don't quite cut it.

Buzzsaw will be back once they finish promoting the new album.

Buzzsaw will be back once they finish promoting the new album.

Yeah I know, I was a little pissed because a bunch of my presets went pfffft with the lineup shuffle, try rattlin' down a Sk hiway @ midnite, hit a button lookin' for ACDC Metallica et al and gettin Vivaldi instead, talk about a WTF moment.

Who? Corb or Ian?

Saw Corb many times in the local establishment.. Always a good show. Saw Ol' Eon once where he hit the bar a little too often and couldn't play the second set...

Absolutly Scott blows Johnson Away Best AC/DC song ever 74 Jailbreak

Jailbreak's a wicked tune.. Love the scene in Fubar when Terry and Dean are wrecking everything and that song's playing.

Yeah I know, I was a little pissed because a bunch of my presets went pfffft with the lineup shuffle, try rattlin' down a Sk hiway @ midnite, hit a button lookin' for ACDC Metallica et al and gettin Vivaldi instead, talk about a WTF moment.

Hehehe.. ( Don't know too many other people who are fans of Corb, Ian, and Metallica..)

Always thought this guy was awesome.....live he is great.

Have you ever heard of Jason Becker? Check out all his youtube vids and I think you'd agree this man was one of the most awesome shredders that ever hit the stage. It's too bad he got ALS at a young age.

Sorry for the hijack.