Fly Fusion Forums

Fly Fishing Goals/resolutions 09

headscan

1 simple goal catch my first fish in alberta on the fly that isn't from the bow river.

other thoughts include my first bull trout, fish the hills, and more than 10 days on the bow.

Well I met my one goal for the year so I can put away my gear for the year.

Pike%20trip%20May%2016%2009%20003.jpg

This was my second of the day, my second pike ever on the fly, and it wasn't from the bow.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you must have soiled your waders...

Yeah I was fishing next to a beaver damn with it... and kaaBOOOOOM i hear this massiv ethrasing set hook and the fight was on. And yes, it was a big, big brown. I don't have pics of it though was fishin solo and no real way to take a good pic at night. I'd guess she was somewhere's in that 26-28 range.

To fish wherever and whenever I can which may be a problem this year. Like a few others in here, I have a little one on the way in about 2 weeks which will have a real impact on how much fishing I will do this year. But if she's healthy I really can't complain too much.

To fish wherever and whenever I can which may be a problem this year. Like a few others in here, I have a little one on the way in about 2 weeks which will have a real impact on how much fishing I will do this year. But if she's healthy I really can't complain too much.

mmax

that'll be the best catch of the year by far anyways. enjoy the new one!

I want to catch a monster brown on a mouse pattern either from the Bow, Stauffer, or Prairie. Anyone done this before???

Cheers.

after dark in the summer and fall u can get the fish eating em on the bow forsure! rainbows like em to!!! not a crazy numbers game but they doo eat em!

1- complete my first 'boo blank and rod- hopefully a second and third too

2- catch a good trout on a rod I built myself, a line I refinished myself, a leader I made myself and a fly I tied myself

3- spend more time on the Bow and less time driving to water

I've hit a few so far. Finished my first bamboo rod a few weeks ago, and then christened it on the bow with a good Bow brown. Got it on my first cane, a leader I furled, an old silk line I stripped down and refinished, and a #22 hackle stacker midge.

2me2150.jpg

I've hit a few so far. Finished my first bamboo rod a few weeks ago, and then christened it on the bow with a good Bow brown. Got it on my first cane, a leader I furled, an old silk line I stripped down and refinished, and a #22 hackle stacker midge.

2me2150.jpg

now that's impressive. Good job!

Its hard to say what my goal is, but ultimatly it is to meet people that I like to fish with and bringing the community togather.

As for fishin I am focusing on the dryfly game (not hopper dropper) and to get a bit better at fishin with streamers.