Fly Fusion Forums

2nd Generation Ford Expedition

Contemplating one of these instead of a Sequoia:

http://www.canadiandriver.com/articles/cc/...6expedition.htm

Does anybody on here have one, or have any comments on them? I found a couple 2004's online for ~$9000!

Yep.....just traded mine in on a new truck though.....your a month too late or I could have cut you a super bargain. I had an 06 Eddie Bauer. We used it to pull a 6000lb trailer.....it has tons of juice. Interior was pretty solid as well. We had a small water leak that would pop up ocassionally on the lift gate. But other than that is was a nice ride. For that kind of money I would give it a thumbs up. Definitely not easy on gas though.

nice rigs for sure, drove one for a bit as a company vehicle a few years ago..It was an 03 if I remember correctly, hard on fuel though like Golfman said, and I'd stay away from the 5.4 l engine in the Fords . I have one in my pick-up and spark plug issues are common and they are near damn impossible to replace yourself.

Golfman - DOH! That's Murphy's Law for ya. The towing capacity is definitely a "pro" for me.. fuel consumption, not so much. We're thinking of expanding our family, so the 3rd row seating is the main factor, otherwise I'd keep the 4Runner. It already makes me tear up a little bit when I think about selling it..

Brownstone - Interesting comment about the 5.4l and spark plugs.. hadn't read that online. I'll have to do some more digging on some "ford truck owner" type websites.

SJW - No matter how hard I try and make myself.. I just DO NOT LIKE the "looks" of the Tahoe or the Suburban. The new 3rd gen Tahoe's are really nice, but I can't afford one! :)

We just had a 3rd kid and found the second row bench seat a huge pain.....kids are young and are still in boosters, etc. I would highly recommend 2nd row captains chairs so you can get them into the rear seat a little easier.....but, not sure what your exact needs are.

Stay with the Toyota!

Ford=mistake!!!

i agree with that statement. I have an 02 ford exploder sport trac. with that sucker andi mean sucker it is a rough ride, brakes suck, underpowered, and guzzles more than my old r/t dakota did with a 5.9 liter engine rather than the fords 4.0 6 banger. toyota all the way for me for the next one.

i agree with that statement. I have an 02 ford exploder sport trac. with that sucker andi mean sucker it is a rough ride, brakes suck, underpowered, and guzzles more than my old r/t dakota did with a 5.9 liter engine rather than the fords 4.0 6 banger. toyota all the way for me for the next one.

Alright.. you can buy my 4Runner then. :)

Birchy how much are you planning to tow?

My 4L Tacoma can tow 6500 lbs. I get a solid 25MPG on the highway and have had as high as 28MPG when I drive the speed limit! 22-23MPG in the city. It is a double cab and it has plenty of interior room.

My buddy has an older expedition and it sucks fuel, heh it just plain sucks. If this is going to be a daily driver the added fuel costs will soon outweigh a few thousand saved on the purchase. Different story if it just for weekends/holidays.

Good luck on whatever you decide.

Birchy how much are you planning to tow?

My 4L Tacoma can tow 6500 lbs. I get a solid 25MPG on the highway and have had as high as 28MPG when I drive the speed limit! 22-23MPG in the city. It is a double cab and it has plenty of interior room.

My buddy has an older expedition and it sucks fuel, heh it just plain sucks. If this is going to be a daily driver the added fuel costs will soon outweigh a few thousand saved on the purchase. Different story if it just for weekends/holidays.

Good luck on whatever you decide.

Even the crew cab Tacoma is no bigger than a 4Runner inside. Like I said, I NEED the 3rd row seating. It's not just a 'nice to have'. The trailer i'm pulling is ~3000 pounds when loaded. 4Runner can handle it okay.. Sequoia would handle it even better, Expedition would be no sweat.

It'll most likely be a Sequoia or an Expedition. It's going to be our only vehicle, so we'll do everything with it. I've already looked into the fuel costs in comparison to the 4Runner. ~$440 more over the course of a year - about $36/month more, which isn't terrible. I thought about getting an old beater car for the daily driving stuff.. but registration/insurance/gas would cost me more than $440 in a year. Fuel economy would be better when towing, no question.

I like the Sequoia's as well, but I don't like the fact that the Sequoia seems to be significantly under powered for the size of the vehicle. 240 horsepower is not a lot for a 5300lb. vehicle. And more importantly, for my price range I'd pretty much be forced to get a 2001 (the first year they were made) or 2002 . I can get a 2006 Expedition for the same price or less. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE TOYOTA RELIABILITY.. but at this point, i'm leaning towards the domestic.

IF I had $60K to part with.. there would be no question. 2008 Sequoia (5.7L V8 making 381 horses *insert Tim Taylor grunt here*).

go with the toyota, or better yet GM Suburban or Tahoe

peolple did not think up

Found

On

Road

Dead

or reversed

Driver

Returns

On

Foot

because of the High quality, and reliability.

the reason you can get a 2006 ford for the same price as a 2001 Toyota is because it is Crap

Teck

I will disagree with some things said here and keep in mind this is IMO.

I own a Ford F150 XTR 5.4. Before I bought, I researched everything, just like I do buying anything the past few years. ( AC unit, LCD TV, ect....)

My truck gets 500 km on a tank in the city. Not bad not great. The highway, and it seems you stated towing, is closer to 600 km.

My brother has owned almost everything when it comes to trucks and SUV. He now drives a GMC and also owns a Tahoe. He had a Eddie Bauer expedition before the Tahoe and much preferred it inside and out. ( to many reasons to list)

The 5.4 is a strong engine with a lot of torque. Important when towing!

All the domestic companies are going through hell right now. Go figure!

Ford has sold more trucks in the past 30 years than anyone. I know what the comments wil be here!!!! LOL

Ford is known for producing one thing well...Trucks and that is it. 75% of their sales are trucks, SUV.

I know the import argument and even bought a Honda Oddessey this summer. ( 2 kids) The van is awesome and I never considered Domestic here!

Oh yeah

F first

O 0n

R race

D day