Fly Fusion Forums

Glow In The Dark Or Battery Lit Corkies

Guest Sundancefisher

Guest Sundancefisher

I am old, eyes are old, dark comes to soon these days. Therefore I need glow in the dark corkies for night fishing. Any ideas?

Cheers

Sun

Guest Sundancefisher
wholesale has em forsure.. might have em in some of teh smaller flyshops too.. they are alright but dont work too too great for long periods of time like tungsten has posted. but worth a shot

looks like they have battery operated floats

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/template...rset=ISO-8859-1

...just not corkies...

I wonder if these could be jury rigged to act like a toothpick in a corky?

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/template...rset=ISO-8859-1

• 1 month later...

Dave .. not so.

"It Is Unlawful To ... Use lights to sportfish unless the light is attached to a hook or line used in angling."

From AGTSR

Go to: General Sportfishing Restrictions

You just can't jacklight fish.

Interesting angle though. So does it mean ya can't use a flashlight to tie on a new fly after dark? hummmmm

thingamabobbers are coming out with a new glow in the dark version of the ones they make...seen a few of them. not sure on the length of time that they actually glow. so if you could get your hands on them might be worth a shot..

Guest 420FLYFISHIN

if its unlawfull then what do you have to say about my 1.5V battery with a hook hot glued to it....its how they electro catch fish right....lol

use a syringe to extract the liquid from a glow stick and insert it into a large size thingamabobber, about 1/2 or so full, important to use a large bobber as your going to lose buoyancy with the liquid in there, seal with a drop of putty or tape, something you can remove to reuse the bobber . you have glowing fishing fun for hours

use a syringe to extract the liquid from a glow stick and insert it into a large size thingamabobber, about 1/2 or so full, important to use a large bobber as your going to lose buoyancy with the liquid in there, seal with a drop of putty or tape, something you can remove to reuse the bobber . you have glowing fishing fun for hours

thats a trippy idea dude! i newfies gots some weird idears!

how about jstu streamer fish tho? or tossin caddis n stones? what was teh topic again <--poke--<