http://wlapwww.gov.bc.ca/ske/qws/

Scroll down about a third and download the report if

interested. The meat of the report can be gleaned

from pages 5 to about 19 apparently.

Looks like being a non resident is really going

to hurt. Might have considered relocating to

BC if the damn economy had not tanked.

read part of it over lunch.

they are gonna do whatever they do. if we oilbertans don't like it, they don't give a ratshit. it's bc, economics doesn't take the lead over there. i have some faith that the guides won't allow the daily licence cost to be so high that their businesses fail because those who can afford to come no longer come.

if the commercial fisherman...ah crap.

anyway, it is a complex issue i'm sure. i guess if i lived there i'd have an entirely diff. p.o.v.

what i/we think don't matter.

just hope i can afford to go back someday soon. and i keep wondrin' if within my lifetime we see this type of issue arise on our waters...

The easiest solution is to limit unguided NRA(non resident alien) anglers to a specific number of days on a given river ie 8 days. As there are many rivers in Skeena country this will not prevent people from visiting but rather spread them around. As well, if you are an off season guide from Utah you will be less likely to spoend your 8 days on the Bulkley with a 'client'. As such this should solve the illegal guide issue. As great as this idea is don't expect implementation until the province goes to full E licensing. As long as there are still paper versions ot there there will be no practical way to control the number of specific river days sold to each angler. The big losers in this will be NRA that have purchased riverfront and are now going to be limited to 8 days fishing their front yard. As such the spinoff from this should be some affordable riverfront on the market. I do not understand why the draft plan is so complicated or why they have chosen to to lump NRA in with fellow Canadians from out of province.

ya everyone speak up now. there is a open meeting nov. 17 in smithers. the biggest problem I have is that non bc canadians are being grouped together with non canadians. It also seems like it is guide stacked, thus the whole program seems to be driven towards their benefit. Several of these guide operations are partially owned by americans. so where is the justice by limiting canadians so that partially american owned companies can benefit. I could go on and on, but would like to save myself for the 17th. PK