Fly Fusion Forums

Fly In The Back Of The Neck..

that's going to be the one of many dude! So far the worst......took a size 4 BAW in my lower eye lid (missed my eye), allmost peirced my cheek right through with a size 2 streamer, took a couple of dries in the neck and ears, and cranked myself pretty good a couple of times with big bull streamers to the back.

war wounds buddy...war wounds! ;)

Chicks dig scars Birchy. Have hooked my collar far too many times for comfort. Or when you're trying for that extra 10 yards out at Lower and a cone-head smokes you in the back, that's awesome. Eyelid is by far the scariest though, did that once on the Crow with a copper john, tried not to think about it too much. Coznouts, remember that SLOW day at Wedge when we had a casting fight? Good times man, good times.

buried a size 6 streamer in my forearm earlier this year and smacked one off my pinky the day before yesterday. The one off my pinky hurt worse. :unsure: Seem to get myself a couple of times a year just when I'm thinking "Gee this sidewind may start to cause me trouble"... whack!! Owwyyyy.... mommyyy!!!!!

Hooked my oldest in the scalp (he shaved his head,,,,,he deserved it) and my youngest in the cheek. Good times fishing with the kids :lol:

I've whacked Mike with a big ass conehead, double split shot streamer setup. That was lots of fun....I laughed. Quietly. While turned away from him. Hoping he doesn't see my shaking from the laughter. I'm currently not allowed to fish streamers in the front seat of the boat anymore. Whacked myself in the back of the head once with the same setup. I've since imposed a streamer fishing ban on myself until I become a better caster.

So far, I have been lucky although I have been tapped on the shoulder a few times but a mystery fisher. :lol:

Getting a hook in the eye is scary. Make sure you wear glasses out there.

If you are squimish, don't watch this...

Well, I was fishing a local rainbow pond and I got snagged in a bush at the waters edge. So I give it a little tug, and it comes shooting back at me. I'm wearing glasses so it's all good. But I realize the hook is snagged on my hat or something. Then I realize, that my #10 Stimulator went in through my nostril and out my septum. I was hooked good! I had to walk back to the truck mirror to perform some quick surgery with my forceps. It wasn't pretty. Thank god I don't use barbed hooks! Now I know what a fish feels like! :D

Yeah its not good when you hook yourself, I'm in some dire needs of some sunglasses right now as I had just lost mine and having been tempting fate going fishing the last four days. I don't be needing to walk up to another person with a hook sticking in my bottom eye lid ( I think I have a bit of a problem here!) Those are the days when barbless hooks all makes sense! Or I wou;d be constantly looking at you like this..... ;)

I had karma last sunday fishing streamers all day and happen to tie a new one on forgot all about debarbing it well on the first cast wack hooked something thought it was my shirt. But nope there it was a size 4 barbed streamer hook stuck in tha side of my elbow buried right to the bend. Tried to remove it with forceps and not luckily i carry a leather man. was finnally able to rip it out. Needless to say i will never forget to debarb a hook again. Karma i tell you karma

I saw a guy nail his young grandson in the face a couple weeks ago.Little guy walked behind grampa on his back cast and WHACK!! Got him in the cheek with a BH PT.Luckily he was using barbless like he should be and was able to pull it out without too much trauma.

In 35 years of FF I've never experienced the pleasure of peircing my body with a fly :rolleyes: ,hope I go another 35 years.

here"s another thought out in my tube somehow ended up with the fly I'm changing stuck in my tongue not a pretty picture!!! gravelman I'm sure you know the lake and of course nobody else out that night !!! another reason for good forceps won"t leave home without them !!!!!

Only one self snagging so far, right below the nose with a 14 nymph. The best reason to fish barbless. I have to wear specs anyway, but now that the hair is gone, I've worries that the ricochets off of the head are going start sticking. Oh the pain.

been pierced that many times..if i left the flies in I be on the cover of National Geographic Magazine...

first time i remember i was about 6..fishing off the dock at the cabin with a fly rod (trying to be like the men) with a little tiny spoon on the end with a treble hook .. got it right above the eye and broke off one of the hooks..i go up to the cabin and get a pair of little vice grips to pull it out, im sitting on the counter top in the bathroom when my mom comes in and sees me, the pliers, the blood..she freaked out bad...we talk about that one around the campfire everytime at the cabin..so vivid almost 25 years ago...

was'nt too long after that dad took the hard tackle away and i learned to swing wets for fish bigger than me...did'nt help the battle scars though...LOL

been pierced that many times..if i left the flies in I be on the cover of National Geographic Magazine...

LOL

Worst for me was when I hooked a sucker at upper lake. Leaned over the fish and tried pulling it in by the tippet. The line stretched and the hook tore loose, and that beadhead smacked me right in the middle of the forehead at 100mph. I looked like I was hindu or something. I wasn't wearing shades and that would have popped my eye like a grape. :blink:

I've never hooked myself but I've hit myself. Not sure how it didn't hook but hey I'm not complaining. The most painful was when I was casting a clouser in some fairly strong side winds. As I came forward it swung back and down and hit me in the middle of my back. I dropped to my knees it hurt so much. I thought I was shot. I was laughing and crying at the same time.