Fly Fusion Forums

Bullshead Warning

dryfly

HA HA on you Randy. I have decided to spend from Oct 27 to 31 at the lake every day. You are doomed! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Kidding!

Well anyway.......Here's hoping you hit a relatively windless day although a little breeze to make the indicator dance a little is OK. I have had a few days where the lake is like glass and that's not necessarily good either.

Have a good time. (Pretty hard not too out there)

nice fish monger,

kinda like a thousand dollar hooker though ain't it? looks good, helluva ride and strangely satisfyin'............................................................... but?

Agreed, it was fun...but she was easy.

Here's a better example of a fair chase lake fish

mongeratduck.jpg

This fish was completely stuffed with leeches, it hardly made a splash on the jumps (not).

I started fishing lakes to get away from seeing a guy every 6 feet along the shoreline of moving water.

It's not a bad thing when you catch thick slabs either.

kinda like a thousand dollar hooker though ain't it? looks good, helluva ride and strangely satisfyin'............................................................... but?

Man that's a fine quote... LOL..

Windy as hell today, figure Clive must've gone to Bullshead...

The AVERAGE wind speed at Bullshead today was ZERO. Sort of like like the average weight of these two girls below is normal. :P

First it blew at 40 kph from the west for 2 hours and then it blew at 40 kph from the east for 2 hours. So effectively there was no wind at Bullshead today. :P

It did howl from the west for a while around noon and then the wind did switch 180° and was from the east at maybe 20 kph...no whitecaps. We walked the entire shoreline loop and fished out of the wind most of the day--or at least where it was not a major issue.

Fishing was hot and cold. Crazy for a while then and slow. Crazy for a while then slow. (For a while I went ~ 16 hits out of ~ 20 casts..and landed a few of them. Just silly good.) Takes VERY soft and sometimes difficult to detect. Had to watch yer bobber with iggle eyes. By day's end I had netted 20 (+/- 1) rainbows 14 to 20 inches--that one was 19.75" tip to tip so woulda been a legal keeper if the tail was pinched--dumbass bloody law anyway!!) . Had perhaps ten more on for a few seconds and missed maybe 30 soft hits. It was Oct 23. It was just fine. ;)

average2-0.jpg

Good to hear it was a good trip. Woke up yesterday pretty early to a howlin' wind, figured it might be even worse down there. Generally when I go all is calm til just a little ways south of Dunmore. Or even right up to the point that I pull into the parking lot... And alot of muffin top on the girl on the left.. LOL..