Fly Fusion Forums

Sunday In Foothills

Jayhad

So 420 and I headed out to foothills today. We started the day with me landing a little cutty. I walked out of the hole 420 lands a good size white fish. We walked a lot of water, sight fished for some cuttys and whitefish with not much action, arrived at our head back point to fish for a while, I had 2 break offs and 420 had one. We had several hooks but nothing to hand. We headed to an area we had seen fish in from the cliff top earlier. I counted 24 fish in the hole.

We set up some nymph rigs, all of our fish were on nymphs today, we had been toss screamers on the way down. Couple casts later I landed an nice little bull trout, I was pumped. When i was landing the fish another bull was trying to snap up my dropper it was crazy funny to see.

420 was next up at bat and 2 casts later....another whitefish. We decide not to spook all the fish and we had luckily landed fish off the sides of where they we all laying. So we set up a fire and ate some food, kicked and got back into the hole.

I was up and boom another bull, 420 hopped in and low and behold another white fish. We looked at each other and laughed we could see all the fish that were stacked in there but we wanted to keep fishing down stream. This was only my second time here and 420's first. We decided to fish the hole for a few more fish and then bounce out.

I was to bat and I guess god left her cookie cutter in this hole but another bull. I look at 420 and say "jer look, there's a pig of a white fish it's all yours" he grunted a curse as walked up. I am happy to say 420's last fish in the hole was his first bull. Pretty cool I think both of our first bulls landed in the same river.

enjoy the pics

I'm looking for whitefish, I saw a few caught in this hole last time, we call the hole the "feet."

IMGP1350.jpg

Looking down on 420, trying to get him into some fish I have spotted

IMGP1353.jpg

IMGP1356.jpg

Me with my first fish of the day... Cuttys

IMGP1365.jpg

so I said there were more coming and here they are. I was really surprised with the fish activity as I checked the water and it was hovering around 3C all day.

Me with my first bull of the day

IMGP1411.jpg

420 with his second whitefish...

IMGP1421.jpg

The perfect type of spot to fall in

IMGP1424.jpg

Little bull trout

IMGP1429.jpg

Nice little section of river

IMGP1392.jpg

Guest 420FLYFISHIN

i forgot to mention this but it was also our first time catching fish on flies that we tied. That was a good feeling of accomplishment.