Fly Fusion Forums

What Makes A Pro?

bhurt

I think the word Pro is used fairly loosely in fishing, you do not need to be a Pro to catch more fish than the next guy. Its certainly not like golf were you actually have to be good to produce results.

If you are trying to tell us that catching trout consistently with a fly rod on the Bow river is only about luck...then I would have to say that you know very little about the art and science of flyfishing.

Good luck...

Guest RedWiggler
If you are trying to tell us that catching trout consistently with a fly rod on the Bow river is only about luck...then I would have to say that you know very little about the art and science of flyfishing.

Good luck...

Luck has its place in both sports but I would say that you need to be more lucky in golf or it will be along hard day for ya out there. Thats said I did not mention anything about fishing being a lucky type sport or luck in way, shape or form so thats totally not what I am trying to say. I understand your pathetic urge to take shots at me any time you can so go ahead and let everyone here no that I know nothing about the art or the science.........come on man tell us all how skilled you are, its been about a week now since you have stated your skill level in a post.......lol!!!!! Dude, you look hungry why dont you go eat a sandwich. I mean that in the nicest way possible, sorry dude you cant tell people they have no skill and excpect them not to come back with some BS, you took a shot at me for no reason at all, Im just returning the favor. This is a good example as to how stupid and easy discord gets started around here, someone makes a comment and Toolman takes it upon himself to insult there ability. :drinked:

• 2 weeks later...

I think the pro's on this board are the one's who pop in and answer whatever they can in the nicest way possible, without starting any BS or making people feel belittled. This is a great section of the board, and I personally feel that a lot of people have gotten "good" answers here. Should we elect the "pros" and only those people should answer? put it to vote?

Should we elect the "pros" and only those people should answer? put it to vote?

I think that's a great idea. Only one hitch though, the fellows that want to be put on the pro list should have to prove to the members of this forum why they should be considered a pro. Sort of like an election campaign. I'd like to see speeches, debates, campaign ads, the whole show. Only after the campaign will I really know who to trust and vote for.

This way we should be able to differentiate between the bullshit. ;)