Fly Fusion Forums

Have You Checked Your Stocks Today

WELL......BOHICA!!!! (Bend Over, Here It Comes Again)

only if you freak out and sell..... I have no worry when times like this come, I am not retiring for another 18 years and this will be a small blip on the graph by then.

If anything scrounge as much money you have right now and buy more.

only if you freak out and sell..... I have no worry when times like this come, I am not retiring for another 18 years and this will be a small blip on the graph by then.

If anything scrounge as much money you have right now and buy more.

I say

Yeah, but i would say a majority don't think like that.....BUY! BUY! BUY!

I made a point of not looking at the value of our RRSP's last week. Until I had to for our mortgage renewal process. To say that I felt sick to my stomach was an understatement. Screw my stocks - my retirement is getting further and further away. Might have to get a second job at 7-11 to recover my losses.

When the crowd panics Warren Buffet is buying. You can bet your @ss he's looked hard at what he's buying. Of course pref's with a 10% rate aren't hard to take.

My best performer is a recent purchase of TD Bank.

Analysts were saying the markets were discounting $70 oil when the stocks were 40% higher. There's a lot of downside protection for buyers now. Today's prices equate to discounting $30 oil? How much can demand drop? Income trust yields are approaching 20% at these prices.

Well this thread is all greek to me...... anybody know how one would begin to learn how the stock market works? But no dummies guide to investing...... I feel anyone who markets to self proclaimed dummies can't be legit....... Maybe I should just not bother learning and just send my money to weedy.......yeah that sounds best. Weedy both my pennies will be coming in the mail as soon as I can save up enough for a stamp.

Well this thread is all greek to me...... anybody know how one would begin to learn how the stock market works? But no dummies guide to investing...... I feel anyone who markets to self proclaimed dummies can't be legit....... Maybe I should just not bother learning and just send my money to weedy.......yeah that sounds best. Weedy both my pennies will be coming in the mail as soon as I can save up enough for a stamp.

Here's a quick and sureproof lesson for success for you: do the opposite of what I've done.

May sound a little silly but had to done for social 30.... www.howthemarketworks.com/. You can have all the stress and pains in the ass and your not even making or losing real money!

Easy, take securities licence prep course at the MRC or the first class in the CFP course.

You can all hire me as an investment advisor! I checked my US retirement account which has a managed fund by "professional" portfolio managers and a portion that I manage myself. YTD, the "pros" have lost 28%. I've only lost 25%. I freakin ROCK! How did THAT taste Investement Professionals!

The financial markets are very complex. Stocks are a small part of it. There are almost infinite investment styles.

I did my first investment 1 month before the Oct 1987 crash. I've tried professional advisors - didn't pay. I gradually got educated because it fascinated me. Over time, I've found advisors with good track records who both agree with and challenge my beliefs. Some information I pay for and some is free. Nobody can be consistently successful at anything without building up their knowledge base or by acting alone. I've been very fortunate.

I think the first step is understanding the basic math of investing - rate of return (income based), return on investment (more capital gains oriented). Start small. Learn from your mistakes. Celebrate your victories. Don't be afraid to lock in a profit. The first loss is usually the cheapest. Mass psychology trumps fundamentals in the short term. Sometimes it's a good idea to sit on the sidelines and watch. There are internet sites where you can trade virtually.

I buy hi and sell lo.

So im sellin everything I have.

Christ Hoss you think thats bad, @ age 50 I put all my money, every penny, into some little dumbassed livestock service company that nobody but a few hutterites has ever heard of.