Fly Fusion Forums

Thankyou

Hello all,

I am new to this site and also very new to fly fishing. I've found a lot of helpful advice on this site. I've also found that fly anglers here in Calgary are very helpful and friendly! I met Wetduck and his friend a few weeks ago, and he spent some time talking with me and giving advise. Much appreciated. Also, last night in Fish Creek Park when I was having no success along the Bow, a nice gentleman not only gave me some advice, but also gave me a streamer and told me where and how to fish with it! Thankyou so much, if you are out there! Using his advise [and streamer] I actually caught my first Bow River Brown Trout! It wasnt that big, mind you. Actually quite small, but it was still a fish and it was fun. Thanks to you All!

Welcome weedcatcher...Wetduck and company are great ambassadors to the Bow river.

I often used to hear about Calgary and the Bow river flyfisherman bieng snobs and elitist etc., but that is a bunch of BS.

I don't know of many flyfishing communities as helpfull and friendly as the one we have here at FFC. This is also true of the folks in the industry at the fly shops and the outfitters etc., in Calgary. I also used to hear alot of comments of how the Bow was polluted and dirty etc. Also a bunch of BS.

Glad you found your first Bow river trout.

See ya on the Bow...

I'll have to agree with weedcatcher you guys do give awesome advice. Last night was the first time I hit the river....and it was just as I had always imagined it would be and more. I saw a beaver, hooked myself in the back once, saw a mother duck with her family trailing behind, tangled my line countless times, beatiful water, hooked myself in the hat, beautiful flowers. Looking forward to meeting some of you on the river.......perhaps not right away thouugh ;)

great to hear you had a good experience meeting new people on the river. i make a point of making some small talk with every fisherman i saw on the river because it really helped in the beginning. i told a friend to do the same on the grand in Ontario and he was snubbed off a bunch of times out there.

great to hear that the calgary gang is doing a better job!

I also used to hear alot of comments of how the Bow was polluted and dirty etc. Also a bunch of BS.

It's not that polluted considering it runs through a city of a million people. It just has a slightly higher body count than the usual river.