Fly Fusion Forums

I Got My Teeth Knocked Out By A Chainsaw...

Weedy1

So let's see.....he catches turtles without the aid of any implements. Pretty pure if you ask me. If he was a fisherman, he'd be a dry fly fisherman I bet! Just another elitist, minus a couple of teeth.

Also, don't knock snappers unless you've tried 'em. That's some gooood eatin right dere!

Back when I was a kid, we ran trot lines for catfish when the Mississippi flooded in the spring. We ran them in the woods and checked them while wading (the lines were in about waist deep water). You would catch a snapper from time to time. I would just cut them off (figured better that than risking a finger taking them off) and let them go. They scared the crap out of me. My crazy brother (he's missing a couple of teeth too, just not to a chain saw) would just take 'em off by hand! We did turn 'em loose. While they are good to eat, we didn't like to mess with them.

Don't judge.

Who's judgin' Hoss? I'm a smart assed sumbitch, I was just practicin' my proclivity.. . Sheesh, a sensitive politically correct Texican, I think I just felt old Sam Houston spinnin' in his grave. ;) ;)

Sheesh, I need to start using emoticon's.

I would have thought the sarcasm would totally shine through. Guess not!!

I thought the "he would be a dry fly fisherman" line would have shown my intent of out smart-assing a smart-ass.

BTW, I bet ole Sam was a democrat. With a big gun.