Fly Fusion Forums

Dutch Creek Campground

Hey all,

I was thinking of some camping later this month and thought about the dutch creek campground. Has anyone been there before? Is it worth a weekend? Whats the easiest way there? Thanks for any help as i will be with my girlfriend and getting lost on a forestry trunk road does not appeal to her!

Hi MKM

Dutch Creek is a beautiful campground. In my opinion it is the nicer campground between Racehorse, Dutch Creek, and Livingstone. Nice treed in campsites, some along the creek. Make sure your wife knows there is no running water or showers. :) Easiest way to get there is to head down highway 22 to Maycroft(Oldman River bridge) turn west 25 kms to FTR then turn north for about 6kms to Dutch Creek campground. This would be the most pavement.

M3M

Great campground. If you have kids, a couple of the sites beside the creek have a nice pool for them to splah in right alongside. My daughter caught her very first fish out of that pool using a Doc Spratley on her spincast rod. She was six and Dutch is still her favorite campgound.

Dutch remains our fave campground. It's very popular and always full on the long weekend vs Racehorse which is just down the road. They're all very nice campgrounds...Dutch and Racehorse are hosted, Oldman and Liv are not. You won't go wrong at any of them.

Hey lynn,

What do you mean by hosted? There was a guy at liv who came around in the evening for firewood. I thought they did all four site as they are managed by the same group. Just curious.

There are permanent hosts at Dutch and Racehorse who live there in their trailers the whole season and look after the campgrounds and what-not. I think those folks you saw do the wood thing for the OMR campground and Livingstone - might be the hosts for Dutch (they're definitely not the Racehorse hosts). I like the hosted campgrounds - keeps the rowdies down and away.

There are permanent hosts at Dutch and Racehorse who live there in their trailers the whole season and look after the campgrounds and what-not. I think those folks you saw do the wood thing for the OMR campground and Livingstone - might be the hosts for Dutch (they're definitely not the Racehorse hosts). I like the hosted campgrounds - keeps the rowdies down and away.

They are the hosts from Dutch, a very nice couple who have been keeping me warm for many a trip.