Fly Fusion Forums

Rubber Net Bag

I have a sentimental attachment to my net since I built it myself utilizing the instructions on the old Brooks fishing club website. However, I'd like to change it to a rubber net bag since the nylon mesh tends to snag hooks. Does anyone know where I could source a bag or find the type of material used to make the rubber bags? The shops I've checked with have not been able to help.

Guest 420FLYFISHIN

i don't know how much help this will be but there is a product that you dip your item in and cook it in the oven to cure it and it works well for rubbery coon purses and so forth. It would cote the string on your net now and it will keep its soft rubbery elasticity.

The only problem is i cant remember the product name or or where to get it.

Hope it helps to know there is actually a product your looking for.

I tried to get a replacement net bag from Fisknat but they would not sell one to me as my net was not one of theirs. I was able to get a rubber replacement bag from Brodin Nets just by calling them. Here is the link http://brodin.com/Our%20Nets.html. (They even have a video showing how to attach the replacement bag). Give them a call they are in Costa Rica but send the net bag from the U.S. mainland. My cost including shipping was about $35.00 US for a rubber 10"x20" ghost (White) replacement bag. I am very happy with the purchase and it took about two and a half weeks for delivery.

Good Luck

Russ C

I tried to get a replacement net bag from Fisknat but they would not sell one to me as my net was not one of theirs. I was able to get a rubber replacement bag from Brodin Nets just by calling them. Here is the link http://brodin.com/Our%20Nets.html. (They even have a video showing how to attach the replacement bag). Give them a call they are in Costa Rica but send the net bag from the U.S. mainland. My cost including shipping was about $35.00 US for a rubber 10"x20" ghost (White) replacement bag. I am very happy with the purchase and it took about two and a half weeks for delivery.

Good Luck

Russ C

Thanx - I'd called Fisknat and got simple "no". My net will increase in value by about 7X with the new bag.