Fly Fusion Forums

Here We Go Again....

Must resist temptation... must resist temptation........................................................ :masterbaiter:

What is funny about that is...

I am a bait fisherman. Use bait when I'm at home. In the height of the summer, they get tough to catch on any non-natural bait. I'm a fish ho, remember?

On that note, we still need to get out so you can show me some small water cutties. I can now return the favor in BC!!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brett,

Don't quit.

Glenbow,

Come back. (I could add dozens of names here as well.

Look, these boards always go through this period. When it is small, we don't flame each other because we know each other, either through the board or in person. This board was way more fun when there was all the interplay between you guys, bobloblaw, weedy, esleech, SJW, taco, (change back to the original name buddy), lynnf, ladystrange, toolman, etc., etc. All that is mostly gone because they too often turn into bitch fests. I play a part in that as well as I can't seem to keep my mouth shut when I read someone who I think is being elitist, or narrow minded, or whatever. In reality, it probably isn't my place to point what I feel are their mistaken views. They are their views, not mine, and what does it truly matter if they are different than mine? That said, it can be fun-but in the end probably counter productive.

Anyway, though there will always be those who see the negative in everything, or at least feel the need to point out the negative, don't let it make you stop participating. Think of all the people you both have met and fished with because of this place. That truly trumps everything. I'm thinking of making a list of everyone I've fished with off this board, and those I want but haven't managed to do so yet. I fished this weekend with troutlover and a friend from work. I met Jared through the board. I've done 2 big trips with him, and countless short trips. Wouldn't trade that for anything. I've made 3 big trips with you Brett that were nothing short of fantastic (though 1 was very cold) and the day I spent with you Glenn (and kungfool and rocknbugs) I'll remember forever. I've learned how to fish from you guys, and toolman and maxwell (and troutslayer, and rocknbugs, and bigbadbrent, and bobloblaw, and countless others I can't think of right now) in person and a whole host of others by what they have posted on line. All because of this little website.

Don't quit. The terrorists win if you quit!

Guess i didn't make the cut eh you elitest bastard.5-6-7-8 times counts for nothin eh.your dead to me Rick.

Guess i didn't make the cut eh you elitest bastard.5-6-7-8 times counts for nothin eh.your dead to me Rick.

I've been trying to forget those trips!

Sorry Ed. That's why I hesitated to name any names. I knew I would forget someone. I sincerely apologize.

Buy me a beer and I'll forget I offended you.

Guest Sundancefisher
I was kidding of course. Do remember I spent 3 years of my life in Houston. 3 LONG years. Too hot for this cowboy.

Funny thing i miss about Houston is the raw oysters. Much better than the ones you get here.

My only experience in Texas...

I got stuck in Houston for a night after my Belize trip. We desperately needed some supper and walked out of the hotel (much to their concern and what I consider strike one for us) and walked 8 blocks to get some sushi. The heat was deadly even though it was dark. Anyways...got to the strip mall and saw the light on and walked right in to the "restaurant". Ops...while the oriental stuff through us some confusion...the suggestion of some hard massage with a happy ending got us to leave quickly (strike two). We then trotted across the street (laughing about being in a sleazy massage parlor) and headed into the Ricky's Family Restaurant I know so well...but...it was really a Rick Emporium (strike 3). Something for everyone...if you get my drift... So after strike three we caught a cab like we should of after getting advice at the hotel and went to a real restaurant...ate and went to bed...thankful we did not bring home anything bad...bad...bad...

In the end...it was an interesting stay...

Sun

I've been trying to forget those trips!

Sorry Ed. That's why I hesitated to name any names. I knew I would forget someone. I sincerely apologize.

Buy me a beer and I'll forget I offended you.

Deal......looks like we are bff's again