Fly Fusion Forums

Big Muley Buck

dryfly

Man there are a lot of huge deer in the Pincher area. This shot is not the best quality -- light was waning and I was handholding a 500-mm lens. This critter will make at least 4 by 5 and probably 5 by 5. Rack is huge and makes the head look small. Will try again in a couple of weeks to "shoot" this brute.

mule-1405-500.jpg

• Like 1

This is he and one of his buds...the 4X4 at the bottom is from the same area last fall...

Their antlers will sprout for a couple of more weeks. Will be rather large by then. :)

muleys-1372.jpg

mule-1386.jpg

mule-deer-7705.jpg

• Like 1

dryfly, i remember you posting once about a website you have. I have an aspiring photographer frieend who was interested in your work when i told him about it and would like to forward it on to him if you dont mind.

Thanks

Nice pictures Clive. I spend alot of time around that area and have seen MANY bruisers. In my opinion, some of the best mulie bucks in Alberta.

I have also seen sheds of some massive whitetails in that area, but never seem to find them still on the deer.

I caught this guy last week, just across the border down south.

Notice my talent versus dryfly?

IMG_0264.jpg

• 2 weeks later...