Fly Fusion Forums

Southland South Bound Exit

So I'm going down to fish at southland, come out from under the overpass and spot a car parked way up by the traffic light. Hmm! Well I get a $103 welcome to southland greeting when I get to the light for doing 96K on the off ramp. Women cops have no humour either. At least the fish were biting well!

Guest RedWiggler
So I'm going down to fish at southland, come out from under the overpass and spot a car parked way up by the traffic light. Hmm! Well I get a $103 welcome to southland greeting when I get to the light for doing 96K on the off ramp. Women cops have no humour either. At least the fish were biting well!

I am married, I dont think its just women cops.............. :closedeyes:

I hate to be a one upper, but man, I have a story.

A few weeks ago at the start of August I was fishing the Upper Highwood, about 30 kms past Longview there and as I started heading back it was pitch black. I'm going up 22 heading towards 22x and its so dark and I'm happy from getting into some beautiful fish and I see a motorbike coming towards me, and really dont think anything of continuing along at 130 in a 100 zone, I know its wrong, but there is nobody on the road, I'm happy and looking forward to getting back to Calgary to get some dinner and thinking there is no way its a cop, sure enough, its a Sheriff on a bike. 230$ ticket is my reward. He was very nice about it and saw my fishing rod and asked if I was at the Highwood, and we chatted for a minute but he still ticketed me, oh well.

So I get onto 22x and start heading back Calgary way and I see a cop car in the ditch nailing people coming the other way, and I think to myself as I'm kinda pissed from just getting a ticket, damn, I got to give out a warning to the oncoming traffic, so maybe someone else doesnt get a ticket, and so .... as I get over the hill and a bit past the hidden cop car I flash my lights a few times to warn oncoming traffic.....AND GUESS WHO I FLASH MY LIGHTS INTO, an oncoming police officer who as quickly as if I had just shot somebody comes whipping across 2 lanes of traffic, through the ditch and up on my ass like I was a most wanted man. Gives me a huge tirade about coming to my job and not letting me do my job for a day because thats what I'm doing to him and his buddy in the hidden car back yonder, blah blah blah, and slaps me with a 115$ ticket.

I havent got a ticket in years, and to get 2 in a matter of 10 minutes was quite funny. At least the fishing was awesome on the Highwood haha.

What was the 115$ ticket for? That sounds a bit vengful of the 5-Oh...

I got a ticket literally 2 days before I packed up and left vancouver... I was driving though the burbs on UBC campus and started getting tail-gated like crazy, so I was just about to stop my car and wait, and I got pulled over by an unmarked car. Pig said (no offence to pigs) "do you know how fast you were going?", and I said "about 30km/hr" (which is true btw) and he almost lost it... He said was was doing 90 is a 50 zone and called me a liar. I told him thats impossible as I was tying my shoelace while driving (which is also true). Cop looses it again, and I was pretty sure he wanted me to say something nasty so he could cuff me or beat me or what ever. Asked if I had been drinking or on drugs (at 8:30 am!). anyways, I told him to write me a ticket, and I would take it up with his supervisor because he was way to agressive... cop looses it again... I locked my door, got my ticket, went to work, took a few minutes off to go down to the station to chat with his boss, and schedule a meeting with the nut-job-pig... His boss was very sympathetic, and I told him that if the pig thought I was drunk or on drugs then it was very irresponsible to let me go in a suburban neighborhood where the richest voting a$$holes in vancouver live. I am pretty sure nothing came of it, but it would have been nice to get an apology... still get pesky letters in the mail instead.

One thing I love about alberta, is you don't have to pay of BC tickets to get you're drivers lice-enz.

PS no offence to good police out there as I know that there are many more of them. Its too easy to hassle cops when everyone has one or more story about a sh!t cop... I should tell you about the time I had a gun pulled on me and a friend as well as a bunch of slobbering K9s on my back in friendly old victoria... apparently it is a terrible crime to take a leak in an alley.

Oh man Jonny that sucks bro, how much of a ticket did he give yah?

On my 115$ ticket it says for "Flashing lights within 30m of oncoming traffic", so I guess that is an offence punishable by 115$ of my hard earned money. And yah, I think he was definately being vengeful, because he was not very nice about giving it to me. Lesson learned....not. I'll always flash oncoming traffic just for the pure sake that he decided to give me that ticket. But not before I fight it in court, as I do believe his car was definately more than 30m in front of me. We'll see....

Yeah, I would be in front of a JP for that "flashing the lights" nonsense... Thats just silly, could have been warning for any number of things, like a deer, a cow, an accident, a car parked on the shoulder with people getting out, kids playing soccer ect.. ect..

The ticket I got was 290$ I think, and I still get the odd letter from a collection agency at my old address... my banker friend told me that traffic violations don't get counted when you apply for a loan, so I figure I won't bother paying for it... plus if I do get grief at some point in the future, I have proof that I moved out of province 2 days after that ticket was issued, so how was I supposed to know... at some point they will let it go plus I doubt I will ever live in BC again... Maybe alaska but not BC. :D

The oddest thing about this experience, and it's my first Alberta ticket and my first in a long time, is that she didn't ask to see my ownership or insurance. Is that normal here? The truck could have been stolen for all she knew. In Ontario they ask for all three pieces, licence, ownership and insurance, take it all to their cruiser and check for the validity of them and your conviction record. She just grabbed my licence wrote down the particulars at the side of the road and more or less through them back into my lap. Ran to the next 'victim' before I could ask a question. I basically sat there in a stunned state, I cant even tell you if she was RCMP or a Calgary cop. Unmarked car and nothing on the ticket telling me which. Yup, for sure this was a good old fashion make your monthly quota speed trap! Then I see that Calgary police are getting 280 Million or something to fight crime on the Suns front page...Hmm.

Yah I hear you DonnieM, my previous was a bike cop too, OPP, got me doing 128 in an 80, trying to get to the spinner fall, he marked it down to 110 something to lessen the pain.

I would definatly fight that 115 ticket for flashing lights, the cop has to prove, the distance. remember innocent till proven beyond a shadow of a doubt guilty. so he has to prove some how the distance between you and him. very hard ticket to stick same as following to close hard to stick that unless you rear end someone.

just my .02

Teck

they can pull up ownership from your plates.

but everytime i have been pulled over i have been asked for everything.

guys make sure that the offence notice box is checked where they sign the ticket!

i have got off of 4 tickets for this box not being checked off!