Fly Fusion Forums

Bow River Clean Up

Thats not a bad idea actually. Maybe I will keep a few of the sponsor prizes for a few competiotons.

I don't think that i can make it till afterwards. Working. Sometimes done at noon or so.

Will be there as soon as i can.

BOW RIVER CLEAN UP UPDATE: Edited Oct 14, 2008

When: Oct 19 @ 9:30

Where: Meet at Poliecemans Flats parking lot to pick up maps, garbage bags, gloves, and hand sanatizer, and be divided into groups based on the number of folks who show up.

BBQ: Fish creek park- Glennfield Group site B (see attached map pdf below. Spulombos sausages on the grill and side dishes from M&M meat shops. Prizes to be drawn at the BBQ.

http://www.tpr.alberta.ca/parks/fishcreek/...June%202008.pdf

Sponsors:

Hansons fishing ---------------- Fly rod (thanks Wayne, 813 1st St SW)

St Croix Rods------------------- 2 - 40% discount cards for any rod and reel

Cabelas ------------------------- 2 -fishing vests, 10 camo Cabelas hats

Bauer Premium Fly Reels------ Premium fly reel

Twin Butte Energy-------------- Cash Donation towards garbage trucks and bags

Private donor-------------------- Two night weekend stay at the Hyatt Regency Calgary

Spolumbo's fine foods--------- BBQ Sponsor for all spicy and chicken sausages and buns

The Fishing Hole---------------- Shimano fishing package (spinning rod/reel combo and a Shimano tackle bag) $200 value

Bow River Troutfitters---------- 2 person beginner or intermediate fly fishing school"

Simms Fishing Products-------- River shed aquastealth wading boots (Size 11, may be )

Morin Realty (278-2900)--------Large arbor Fly reel

M&M Meat Shops----------------- $100 credit for BBQ event

MANY MORE TO COME And be sure to support out sponsors as they are supporting such a great event!

NOTE: Please E-Mail me madams@twinbutteenergy.com and let me know if you will be attending

PRIZES: All prizes will be drawn for at the BBQ event, you will enter your name in the morning or at the BBQ via numbered tickets DONT LOOSE THEM! We are still looking for people to offer a clinic at the BBQ

DIRECTIONS TO POLICE MANS FLATS (like you don't know) : (East on Dunbow Road, and south on Bow Bottom road to parking lot) Google 50.842070, -113.951280 for exact location

dang dude, this is looking pretty wicked.

where the hell were you last year when i needed the help!?!?!?! ha, just kiddin'...wish i could be there.

What an excellant turnout. I tried counting a couple of times, some where around 27 showed up. That number could well be out though as I suspect a lot of the good people that helped do the cleanup didn't make it to the Bar B Que. Anyhow it was real nice to meet people and put a face to the names I see on here every day. Matt, take a bow. You did a great job putting this all together. I was sure surprised by the donations from all of the sponsors. It just goes to show what a great community this is. My personal thanks to the Fishin Hole for donating the Shimano rod, reel and tackle bag that I was lucky enough to win. Lets do it again next year.

Murray

What an excellant turnout. I tried counting a couple of times, some where around 27 showed up. That number could well be out though as I suspect a lot of the good people that helped do the cleanup didn't make it to the Bar B Que. Anyhow it was real nice to meet people and put a face to the names I see on here every day. Matt, take a bow. You did a great job putting this all together. I was sure surprised by the donations from all of the sponsors. It just goes to show what a great community this is. My personal thanks to the Fishin Hole for donating the Shimano rod, reel and tackle bag that I was lucky enough to win. Lets do it again next year.

Murray

:picsplease: