Fly Fusion Forums

Almost Stepped On This Guy The Other Day

Guest 001

Ran into over a dozen Gardner snakes last Sunday. There seemed to be one sunning on almost every big river side rock along about a half mile stretch. Had to be a bit careful, didn't want to hurt one with my wading studs. Even had one join me as I sat down for a tea break in the picture below. Beautiful little guys. Nice to see a healthy eco out there. Only had my cheap camera with me. Would have liked to get a good close up.

snak.jpg

Sooo? Those bulls snakes? I have trouble distinguishing them from rattlers. Where's snakeman when need him?

jksnijders...what were those two doing? Making whoopee or one eating the other?

I looked for rattlers a few weeks ago and could not find any and then got a call when I was away. One day..maybe.

Thanks guys.

Sooo? Those bulls snakes? I have trouble distinguishing them from rattlers. Where's snakeman when need him?

jksnijders...what were those two doing? Making whoopee or one eating the other?

I looked for rattlers a few weeks ago and could not find any and then got a call when I was away. One day..maybe.

Thanks guys.

Haven't seen any Rattlers in Alberta yet, lots of bulls and gardners. Ran into a lot in BC and and of course big bush rattlers in northern Ontario.

Making whoopee is about right... There's an old ranch house on the side of the road where the 36 crosses the Oldman. I stopped there to take pics of it, and as I walked up to it I almost tripped on a huge Bullsnake. Or so I thought, it was about 8 feet long, and in tall grass. I noticed it was 2 laying side by side. I watched a bit, (voyeuristic I know) and that is what happened. Got a few good closeups. As for rattlers, heres one from Bindloss.

post-1598-1219546273.jpg

Thanks jksnijders! Very cool rattler shot. I want to find one of these for pictures. Next year now.

HA HA. I walked down to that old house last spring to take pics...too early for snakes..still ice about.

Clive