Fly Fusion Forums

Snap!

toolman

:) So I'm rigged up...waders on...I've got two of my Loop Spey rods strung up and leaning along the side of my suv...

I just need to close the back hatch...slam...Oh Crap... :o ...

The first section of my 7116 Blueline is pinched in the top corner of the hatch door....:$*%&: ...

I get it out and it seems ok :angry: ...It casts ok for the 10 minutes I use it... :unsure:

:) Next evening... third cast.... SNAP!... :o

The 12" broken tip section of my favorite dry rod...slides down the line... and into the water... :(:crybaby:

Had a similar misfortune on the highwood with an 8116 blueline recently......stumbled on the rocks and jammed the tip into the gravel. Looks and feels fine still.......got a bad feeling though!! Sure glad Loop makes some tough rods. Does Whistler do repairs and warranty and such? They list themselves as a loop service centre, not sure what that means.....

Had a similar misfortune on the highwood with an 8116 blueline recently......stumbled on the rocks and jammed the tip into the gravel. Looks and feels fine still.......got a bad feeling though!! Sure glad Loop makes some tough rods. Does Whistler do repairs and warranty and such? They list themselves as a loop service centre, not sure what that means.....

I'm pretty sure Whistler handles all Loop warranty service for Canada. I'd just give Brian a call and talk to him. They have a toll-free number listed on their site http://www.whistlerflyfishing.com/

Problem with breaking these rods is that the "Blueline" has now been discountied and replaced by the opti series. So I think it all depends on weather they are able to find a tip for the rid, if so I would look into maybe getting a replacement part for all 4 pieces if possible.

Correct me if I am wrong but doesn't loop warrenty only cover original ownership?

:) So I'm rigged up...waders on...I've got two of my Loop Spey rods strung up and leaning along the side of my suv...

I just need to close the back hatch...slam...Oh Crap... :o ...

The first section of my 7116 Blueline is pinched in the top corner of the hatch door....:$*%&: ...

I get it out and it seems ok :angry: ...It casts ok for the 10 minutes I use it... :unsure:

:) Next evening... third cast.... SNAP!... :o

The 12" broken tip section of my favorite dry rod...slides down the line... and into the water... :(:crybaby:

The worst thing about this is that I had used Greg's rod the day it was caught in the hatch crease and when I got home the following day he called me up and was like "Way to go Brad, you broke my Blueline by wacking it with hooks and put a fracture in the rod tip"

After some time of me sweating out this Greg finally let the cat out of the bag.

YOU BASTARD!