Fly Fusion Forums

Fish Antics

Guys/Gals,

When I was on Stauffer last week, a friend missed one of 2 trout that were rising so I suggested that we sit on the bank and see if #2 comes up again. A large female of over 23" ambled over to see what we were up to. She was less than 3' from my boots. After checking us out, she slowing ambled her way back to the other bank.

And I saw 2 cutthroat fighting 3 days ago. They were evenly matched. Around and around they went. Biting each others tails and fins. One even got a hold of the others jaw and gave it a good twist. All of this took over a minute. Fumbled for camera in each case. I need a quick draw camera.

catch ya'

Don

A large female of over 23" ambled over to see what we were up to. She was less than 3' from my boots. After checking us out, she slowing ambled her way back to the other bank.

catch ya'

Don

Great stories Don. I'm sure that old Brown was'nt going to be fooled after that inspection. She probably recognized you from a previous encounter.... :lol:

Very cool. I'd love to see that.

I once saw two young male antelope chase each other around at ridiculous speeds for about 5-10 minutes. A couple minutes would pass and somehow the chaser would be the chasee. Back and forth.

I've seen similar things on the Bow recently. I suppose it was larger trout chasing chasing a smaller one into the shallows, with a short battle to follow. Pretty cool to see.

And I saw 2 cutthroat fighting 3 days ago. They were evenly matched. Around and around they went. Biting each others tails and fins. One even got a hold of the others jaw and gave it a good twist. All of this took over a minute. Fumbled for camera in each case. I need a quick draw camera.

Well if it was that 2 mouthed goldeye it would have had a hell of an advantage in that fight <_<