Fly Fusion Forums

My Finest Hour

I figure I could get together with DBT and come up with some type of deterrence, not of the mutually assured variety. I was thinking I could get DBT to throw a rock at them with some sort of tracking device attached. When he hits them between the eyes, the tracking device sticks. Wait a couple of hours (we want them in the car on the way home, wouldn't want to hurt the stream) and unleash the tomahawk. It would probably take some fine tuning to avoid major collateral damage, but there are lots of poachers, so lots of opportunity to practice. Maybe everyone could just call me instead of RAP? I would recommend vacating the area after you call!

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

correct me if im wrong^^ but arnt sub's for the people they couldnt make it on the boats? :) ohhhhhhhhhh

Funny. Just so you know, a sub is a boat. Just a HEAVILY armed one that hides under water, makes absolutely no noise, and can shoot a high explosives tipped torpedo at one of those surface "boats" from 10 miles away, hide under the thermal layer, and wait to shoot another one. Surface ship goes boom!

Here is a little tidbit of info for you:

Modern torpedo's (and by modern I mean the ones we used 20 yrs ago. I'm sure they are even more dangerous now) are not contact weapons. They are loaded with very high energy explosives. Interestingly enough, the same type of explosives used in oilfield perforating. What they do is come up from directly below the target and detonates just before contact. I don't remember exactly how far away, like 10 ft. What happens then the ship surges upwards from the blast wave while at the same time all the water around the torpedo has been vaporized. So when the boat comes down, there is water on the bow, water on the stern, and a big hole in the middle. Breaks the spine of the ship and down she goes. Fast. Like a minute. One torpedo and bye bye 600 ft cruiser. Takes a few more to down a carrier because they are so big and compartmentalized.

And I had a nuclear reactor to play with too. Just how cool is that!

When we going fishing Chris?? ;)

How do you shield minitrons? I'm glad I don't log porosity/density anymore. It was never fun.

Hell, I'm glad I only have to read 'em...

Rick, you probably don't need a headlamp when you fish at night, you just glow...

and don't let my utter lack of knowledge limit me from exprssing my opinion. I am the perfect American!

I don't believe your American. There is not an American out there smart enough to realize or admit what you said. You must be working for Putin. But then again you did miss the e in expressing.... ;)

I don't believe your American. There is not an American out there smart enough to realize or admit what you said. You must be working for Putin. But then again you did miss the e in expressing.... ;)

I am one of the very few introspective, self-aware Americans, and probably the only Texan (except for Txnca). But apparently I cannot spell. But I do have guns!

And it's you're, not your! ;)

Alls that matters is you moved to the greatest country and province in the world..

Amen brother!

I actually get rather amazed when I hear anyone talk about Calgary in anything other than a positive light. I absolutely love it here.

that the TRUth^^ anytime rick :) would love to fish with ya :) hows your son comming along ? he got some serious potental ^^

Chris,

He was getting pretty good by the end of the Livingstone trip. The big difference was that he did not have many wasted casts toward the end. He was starting to better understand how to tell where fish may be. And he has always been good once he hooks up. The Bow has been kicking his little hiney however. I've been trying to find someone for him to fish with during the day. Brad is busy and Max is guiding up a storm. Any time you are going during the day, he is probably game. PM me if you are ever in the market for a 14 yr old sponge to tag along. He does have a bit of attitude however. Wonder where that came from?

I am one of the very few introspective, self-aware Americans, and probably the only Texan (except for Txnca). But apparently I cannot spell. But I do have guns!

And it's you're, not your! ;)

That was the first part of you're Canadian citizenship test. ;)

Lets lay off the americans shall we.......and start on the newfies.

Did you hear that Nova Scotia has a new Provincial Zoo??

... ... ... ...

They built a fence around Newfoundland. :)

You failed the second part. (you're) :rolleyes:

I actually thought it was part of the joke, which I thought made it even funnier. But I was really faced with 3 choices:

1. It's a test

2. You're not very smart, and if I corrected I would come off as a pretentious (and that may be spelled wrong!) jerk ;)

3. It was part of the joke.

2 seemed unlikely as your responses seemed well reasoned, 1 was possibe, but 3 was the funniest, so I went with it!

I actually thought it was part of the joke, which I thought made it even funnier. But I was really faced with 3 choices:

1. It's a test

2. You're not very smart, and if I corrected I would come off as a pretentious (and that may be spelled wrong!) jerk ;)

3. It was part of the joke.

2 seemed unlikely as your responses seemed well reasoned, 1 was possibe, but 3 was the funniest, so I went with it!

Dry humour is always the funniest...... :lol: