Fly Fusion Forums

Police Lake Stocking

Some good news..........About a week ago Police Lake received this years stocking...........Not 132,000 as in past years but 50,000----------TRIPLOIDS!!........Terry C. didn't expect trips for this year so that was indeed a pleasant surprise..........On a related note, I will post the Benchmark data on this Board as soon as it's compliled..........:)

Thanks Tim, they are almost as ugly as me. My buddy said it would be the only boot he ever takes a picture of...he was too grossed out. You should have heard the moaning from him when I brought that fish into his boat.

I'm taking the camera out today for some triploid pictures. We'll see if chrome looks better that dirty gray/red.

Guest tallieho

There is a GOD!! Great news adc,it will be awesome catching larger clean fish in a couple of years. any idea on there size when they were planted,interesting to track there growth .tight lines & sinking corkies

Isn't 50000 fish for the size of Police a little much for a delayed harvest lake?

I have never been to Police but my maps show it as being approximately 1300m * 600m. Is this correct?

Yup, think that's correct for area...........Maybe a bit big---we actually talked about 0 for this year---but a whole lot better than the 132,000 it's had for the last number of years........

Isn't 50000 fish for the size of Police a little much for a delayed harvest lake?

I have never been to Police but my maps show it as being approximately 1300m * 600m. Is this correct?

I believe the surface area is approx. 550 hectares.