Fly Fusion Forums

Sakatchewan Trip

esleech

Well, I just got back from my trip. Hit the lake that I've been going to since I was eleven years old, and my grampa used to fish in the early 50's. One thing was different this trip...the lack of big fish. Don't get me wrong, it IS A BLAST, catching 40-50 fish in two and a half hours, going back to camp, have a few drinks, eat some fish and chips, and go out and do it again!

The average of all twenty people in our group for fish size was 22-26 inches or 2-6 pounds. Quantity was excellent, my best was 4.5 pounds and six fish on consecutive casts. No trophys this time, but LOTS of fish were caught and I have many good memories from camp and on the lake as usual. I don't have too many pics of fish. No real need to have 300 pictures of 24 inch pike! ;) Anyways, If you want to drive 8-9 hours and stay at a place where you can catch 100+ pike on the flyrod or spinning, in an afternoon, PM me and I'll give you the number of the camp. Here's some pics.

cowanlake07056.jpg

cowanlake07046.jpg

cowanlake07010.jpg

cowanlake07075.jpg

cowanlake07014.jpg

Sweet Esleech, sounds like a good time. Awesome pics, except that pike looks like he got a black-eye from mouthing off to somebody in the bar. Not that I'd know about something like that, it's just what it looks like. Glad you had a good trip, and thanks for the post.

That's dandy! Glad you had a good time. That's what Mike said when he got back from Sask last week - couldn't keep the pike off the line long enough to catch a laker.

I love your sunset pics - I'm such a sucker for sunset on a lake

sounds like a good trip dude, i miss htem shore lunches

C'mon, now, Max! Are you trying to tell us you release EVERY bull trout you catch? Middle of nowhere, fresh bull trout over

an open fire- what could be better?