Fly Fusion Forums

Pictures Of May Long

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the City of Calgary needs to step up and through a giant party on Long-weekends. From the news clips it looked like Mclean was the site of a second spring break...

Maybe have a giant music fest and in-town parties... lots of scantly clad girls selling shooters will keep people in the city. Also have a section of land with a couple big mud pits... peole can bring their toys, show off, not spend the gas on the 22x, and just tear up stuff. After its done they can just use that land for the bypass around the city, cause there'll be no vegetation left. They make money and save on hiring contractors to clear the construction area. Win win

As far as the party, I think they already do, it's called Stampede....lol, maybe a pre-Stampede weekend for May-long.

This is a tough subject and many of you have valid thoughts. I grew up camping in the Dutch/Livingston area and in my 30 years, it's changed a lot. My dad doesn't even like going up there anymore because of what it's like up there, and he grew up going there for Scout camps and fishing trips, and later on to party and have a good time. They had dirt bikes and 4x4s, but they were also responsible because they'd been taught to respect the land. I guess back then there were just less people going up there and you needed a 4x4 to get into a lot of places. Today with seemingly every SUV having 4x4 capabilities, and the improvement of roads, anyone can access the same areas that were relatively inaccessible years ago. 5% of say 1000 is a lot less than 5% of 10000, so maybe the percentages of idiots hasn't changed, but there are just more of them now. We have always random camped responsibly as have many on this board, but we clean when we get there and we clean when we leave. We are not "campground" people and would be sad to see random camping go, but we also agree that something has to be done to sustain these areas, I would like to be able to take my grandchildren there and not have to say: "This is the way it used to be" but rather "things haven't changed a bit". How you go about that is the tricky part!!

Guest bigbadbrent

That trail has been ****ed by ATV users and 4x4 guys every year..we almost got smoked last time by a jeep that didn't make it all the way up and came flying down backwards last year...that hill is a little nuts, and complete waste of time if it has rained lately

I went up to Waiporous on Sunday to visit a friend. He said that on Saturday nite the area he had parked his RV was saturated with tents. Most of them had left by the time I got there on Sunday. Nonethe less it was quite crowded as expected. Yesterday (Mon) everybody left and I walked throughout the area picking up garbage. To be honest...I expected a lot worse, It was surprisingly well cleaned up. I did pick up a LOT of toilet tissue. Not a fun job, but necessary. I think the government should put up signs on how to crap in the woods and how to dispose of TP. Nothing looks worae than an area strewn with TP. I was glad to have picked it up.