Fly Fusion Forums

Heavy Snowfall Warning

Warnings

City of Calgary

4:31 AM MDT Thursday 8 May 2008

Snowfall warning for

City of Calgary issued

Heavy snowfall today and tonight.

A cold upper low has crossed the continental divide overnight into southern Alberta. Laden with pacific moisture and tapping into cold air, the low has the potential to produce large amounts of snow. Snowfall amounts will vary depending on the amount of snow melting on contact with the ground.

In Jasper, Nordegg and Rocky Mountain House snow will continue today with additional snowfall amounts of 10 to 25 are expected before the snow ends this afternoon.

For the Banff region, Kananaskis region, Airdrie region and northern Okotoks region rain is changing to snow early this morning. In Calgary and southern Okotoks region rain will change to snow this afternoon. In these regions local snowfall amounts are forecast to reach 10 to 20 centimetres by early Friday morning.

This weather pattern will be closely monitored as the upper low develops over southern Alberta.

Fortunately, there's no heavy snowfall warning for Cardston, but this should make the drive pretty fun!

should be at least 25cm of 'freshies' at Sunshine - piled about 15cm on a car that just came from the parking lot.

Wooooooooooooooo Hooooooooooooo Pow!!!!!!

Boy I love spring - go fishing one day and skiing the next......................

hopefully now it will be nice for the long weekend!

I hope it snows 2 feet on thursday night before the long-weekend and has a cold wet forecast....

:lol:

Keep the vandals at home; this is the first year of the Willow Creek area closure on heavy off road vehicles... folks will be moving out further north and south now. :(

Just drove through a total whiteout from Didsbury to just north of Calgary. Floating the Bow tomorrow come hell or high water though - and it may very well be both.

Was pretty bad in Didsbury yesterday could'nt see across the street for the most of the day, woke up this morning to a nice blanket of snow probably one of the more significant snowfalls of the season.

Guest Sundancefisher

Worse thing about this global warming problem is coming back to Calgary at 9 degrees celsius after leaving Belize at 34 degrees celsius!

Ya gotta feel bad for me ;)

i feel your pain... i went from -4 when i left early april, to 17 in brazil, to 30+ crossing the atlantic to 9 in most of central europe and +2 this morning when i went to work. i froze my butt off friday night sleeping at police lake, but could have been because i fell asleep by the fire after a bottle of wine at 1 am and didnt get fully in to my sleeping bag when i was told to go to bed... or it could be the global warming...