Fly Fusion Forums

Marketing On Fly Fishing Forums

El J Cinco,

Thanks?

Rickr,

your welcome?

haha, not directing my comment at anyone in particular. My point is that most people I meet fishing are pretty much stand up people... sales or not...

Cheers,

El cinco roboto.

Guest bigbadbrent
What do you think of people selling rods off for a chunk of profit, that they get on guide discounts ect?

You'll be very hard pressed to find people doing that..any guide needs as many sticks as they can get ahold of

I tend to take the opinions of strangers with a grain of salt... But if someone has a product they REALLY endorse, it could be worth a look, ask around with trusted people that have experience ect...

So if people are really marketing on the forum, let them. Disclose if they want to, and if they are sneaky or underhanded, reputation will eventually catch up with them. So far most of the big talkers :lol: here seem to be pretty upfront as far as I can tell...

It ain't rocket surgery, it's just fishing! :blink:

El cinco

Here's a good question for you fishers stuck at home cause of the weather:

What do you think of people selling rods off for a chunk of profit, that they get on guide discounts ect?

i would love to know who's selling their guide discounted rods :lol:

There’s only one thing I enjoy more than fly fishing in the beautiful Rocky Mountains, the smooth, full flavor of Laramie cigarettes.

lmao :lol::lol:

I can just picture it... a HAWT cowgirl sihlouetted against the pink evening sky, with her cowboy hat on, hair gently blowing in the breeze, and a fly rod in one hand and a smoke in the other..... :P

lmao :lol::lol:

I can just picture it... a HAWT cowgirl sihlouetted against the pink evening sky, with her cowboy hat on, hair gently blowing in the breeze, and a fly rod in one hand and a smoke in the other..... :P

I would buy what she was selling.

Thread hijack.

That reminds me of a day last summer on the crow, where a lovely blonde lady in her early 20's comes riding up to me on horseback at sunset. Could have been a dream, but wasn't. Her aunt and uncle owned the land we were fishing on. We had a nice chat, then my friend was polite enough to yell over that my wife had just called us for dinner.

Guest Sundancefisher
Thread hijack.

That reminds me of a day last summer on the crow, where a lovely blonde lady in her early 20's comes riding up to me on horseback at sunset. Could have been a dream, but wasn't. Her aunt and uncle owned the land we were fishing on. We had a nice chat, then my friend was polite enough to yell over that my wife had just called us for dinner.

When I did fisheries work on the Crow back in the 1990's...I had to access the Crow off a person's land. Drove into the front drive...went up to the house at about 8:30 am...knocked on the door and a nice looking lady came to the door in a see through negligee.

Since I wasn't a post man or pizza delivery guy...all I could do was get permission to access the river. If only I had a pizza or some mail...I am sure I would of been onto something.

Now I understand the tone of this tread and topic and I do see the things that inspired it. But I figure that some people aim to make a bit of money off of flyfishing...... and from Sage down to some of the small scale tyers out there they all have to market some way...... Now if no one had any desire to make money off of flyfishing, tying ect we would all be stuck tying our own flies, using garbage bag waders, slipping around in rivers in our feltless running shoes, and building our own rods (which would all have to be cane rods as no one would be selling blanks). Oh and you would likely all have to hunt and clean a lot of your own tying material creatures cause no one would be selling tying stuff....... Our flyfishing lifestyle is in no small way built around the "industry" of flyfishing..... I have seen people trying to sell their products on this site and others and I say fine...... if I don't feel that their advice is sound or reinforced by other reviewers and sources I weigh it accordingly. I also have to say that some of this has been helpful I have taken a chance on a few things I have seen on this forum and have not yet been disapointed.

Another thing to keep in mind is that you can ignore a user's posts. Just view the user's profile and under Options select Ignore User. You shouldn't see any of their posts any more, though if someone else quotes one of their posts in a reply you'll see that. So if you get tired of someone's constant marketing in every one of their posts, just ignore them. Problem solved.